• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

egg plant

Don't peel 'em! Those look nice and tender; the peel has a lot of fiber and nutrition. Slice, bread and fry, then layer to make a lasagna (or eggplant parm). I like to make them in smaller, individual baking dishes. Layer a bit of marinara sauce in the bottom, then a layer of fried eggplant, then some pureed cottage cheese with spices like parsley, garlic salt and oregano (or whatever you like), parm cheese, mozzarella, then more red sauce, another layer of eggplant, another layer of the cheeses, top with red sauce and finally another touch of mozzarella. Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes until bubbly.

I very simply cut and while fresh slice and sautee in olive oil and then sprinkle a little italian seasoning and cover in parmesan cheese. According to my wife, it's great! I wouldn't know, I don't eat eggplant.

I've said it before Geaux, you're a helluva guy, lol.
Now I know you're also "The cook".
Anytime you'll cook something for somebody that you won't eat yourself, that's a hell of a thing.

Oooh, another one.....

slice thin lengthwise, brush with olive oil on both sides, salt, pepper and garlic powder, then grill 'em. Watch them carefully but let them get some nice grill marks. Delicious.

Peel the black skin off (yes, that's racist) and then cut into 1/4" slices, add extra virgin olive oil and salt and roast on the grill or in a pan. Turn occasionally until browned.
If you like garlic, some fresh minced or even powder would make it awesome.
Fresh bread with some sharp cheddar cheese and you have a simple but awesome sandwich

I've grilled it myself and this is another good and easy way to cook it up.

I've said it before Geaux, you're a helluva guy, lol.
Now I know you're also "The cook".
Anytime you'll cook something for somebody that you won't eat yourself, that's a hell of a thing.
Ha! I don't know about that. She actually does 95%+ of the cooking. But along the same vein, I grow a garden and I don't eat any of it. I just like growing 'stuff'. It's all for her (and friends). So if I didn't cook it, it would go to waste or be given away. But this year hopefully I'll at least make some salsa that I WILL be elbow deep in. ;)

Ha! I don't know about that. She actually does 95%+ of the cooking. But along the same vein, I grow a garden and I don't eat any of it. I just like growing 'stuff'. It's all for her (and friends). So if I didn't cook it, it would go to waste or be given away. But this year hopefully I'll at least make some salsa that I WILL be elbow deep in. ;)

I've done the same with my garden for many years now. I give most of it away, my kids and their family love it.

I pretty much just save two things. The green bush beans and the tomatoes. I can, in pint jars the green beans and can and freeze in either pint jars or 16 ounce baggies the tomatoes. We use gallons of tomatoes every year.

I finally got smart with regards to the tomatoes. There's basically 2 different kinds vining and non-vining (they're marked as determinate or indeterminate).

I now plant mostly the determinate (non-vining) with just one or two plants of the others. The determinate all come in about the same time, so if you're canning, you're canning less because you have so many at one time.
The non determinate works well so you have a few fresh tomatoes every week all season long.

It's nice to give away food, it makes me feel rich or something .....

Back
Top Bottom