• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elementary school Shooting in Texas.. 13 Dead

Maybe one day, we'll stop fighting about guns and actually look at how we deal with mental health. My kids are both high schoolers. Seeing the stuff they have to deal with these days is something else. I'd say that our chances are slim of something like this happening in our home town. But then again, we had that spa shooting last year.

How angry do you have to be to kill elementary school kids? FFS
Besides normalize it? The Dems have been too busy creating “marginalized groups” out of every situation, that there is almost nothing that can be done. We used to put them in hospitals, then found it was far more profitable to misdiagnose and put them on drugs. Now, they are a minority and can’t be touched without the side effect of some sort of false anti-bigot outrage.

Poor helpless children, we need armed "resource officers" (police) in all of our schools. Children are a precious resource worth protecting. Dirt bag shooter should have been gunned down at the door.
Both Dougherty County and Mitchell County schools in Georgia staff armed resource officers. In Mitchell County, everyone passes through metal detectors. In Dougherty County, the school board has its own police force to protect all of the public schools- this is the norm here in Albany, Ga even before I moved here in early 1986.

Besides normalize it? The Dems have been too busy creating “marginalized groups” out of every situation, that there is almost nothing that can be done. We used to put them in hospitals, then found it was far more profitable to misdiagnose and put them on drugs. Now, they are a minority and can’t be touched without the side effect of some sort of false anti-bigot outrage.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

My brother in law recently committed suicide. Shot himself in the head sitting on his couch. After coroner removed his body I had to go in and clean up so my wife and her sister and their dad didn’t have to see it. Brains, skull fragments, blood, other fluids. A few days after the family had a funeral out of state where most of my wife’s extended family are from. An outsider wouldn’t have thought it was after a funeral. Upbeat, laughing, good time, beer food the works. Almost like a family get together. I couldn’t get why people could be like that after what had happened. Then it occurred to me. Those people weren’t present. His death was just an abstract thing. They didn’t have to witness the brutality of it. But the world moved on as if nothing terrible had happened. As if a mother and a father hadn’t lost a son and sisters hadn’t lost a brother. And that’s what will happen here. The world will move on as if these kids never existed and their loved ones will be left with their grief.

First, sorry about your family's loss. Second, thank you for doing that. Third, talk to someone. I'm not a therapist or anything. But I went through this very same thing personally when a friend did the same. If you want to talk just send me a message.

I hate to say it, but there is no solution. With a culture around firearms, plus a culture around not getting people the help they need in regards to mental health. A big part of which is the social pressure put on men not to discuss their mental health. I say that because damn near all of these shooters are men. Add those things together and you get crazy people easy access to firearms with soft targets abound. There is no stopping it.

I hate to say it, but there is no solution. With a culture around firearms, plus a culture around not getting people the help they need in regards to mental health. A big part of which is the social pressure put on men not to discuss their mental health. I say that because damn near all of these shooters are men. Add those things together and you get crazy people easy access to firearms with soft targets abound. There is no stopping it.

Shooting back. It's the only solution.

Shooting back. It's the only solution.
Democrats want to argue against training and arming teachers and staff because they dont want school to feel like a war zone. Well, guess what? These shooters don't care about how you feel.

Men's mental health is definitely a major issue. We can't even start talking about how to approach that, because the left is just going to throw the same pitch they always do.

Back
Top Bottom