• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Etiquette for feedback?

Dr Larry

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
What is the accepted order/timing for posting feedback for a transaction here? On most forums, etc., I have been involved with, the person receiving their consideration first, posts feedback first. For example, if I send you a MO and then you mail me the item, you post feedback first and I post when the item is received. Simultaneous transactions, i.e., FTF, could be initiated by either.
I know some of you guys buy/sell/trade a lot, so what's your take?:thumb:

After I'm paid, I leave feedback, after the other person receive the goods and inspect it and is satisfied, they leave feedback.
If they dont within about 48 hours, I'll send them a "Hey, did you get the item / Are you satisfied with it?" as a reminder. If they did receive / are satisfied, I ask them to leave positive feedback.

If it's a face-to-face, I leave feedback as soon as I get home. I've had a few people that just refuse to leave feedback, or keep forgetting to... ohh wells.

I don't think there is a protocol. The buyer can initiate when he receives the item or the seller can when the money comes in. Some sellers may be hesitant to leave feedback until the transaction is complete.

I don't think there is a protocol. The buyer can initiate when he receives the item or the seller can when the money comes in. Some sellers may be hesitant to leave feedback until the transaction is complete.

That's a good summary. Some people get uptight about it, others don't. I would recommend that you be politely honest and treat people the way you'd want to be treated!

I actualy have about twice as many deals as what feedback shows....some just dont do it, but then again, I dont make deals for the feedback....Ive had it happen so many times now that I dont leave feedback till I get it.

Back
Top Bottom