• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever bought a gun that was used in a crime or stolen?

Had a detective from North Carolina call me one day and asked if I owned g33. I told him I had but it had been 2 years since I had sold it. He asked me who I sold it to. I told him even had a copy of dudes Dl. Turns out it was stolen from him and turned up in a car load of 20 or so guns headed for New York.

That's pretty sketchy... You'd think if the carrier was involved they'd just take the whole gun, why strip it if you're going through that trouble of stealing the contents anyways.

To answer your question though, yes. Had a stolen gun traded to me about 10 years ago or so. Pretty wild story. But long story short I turned it in to local PD, and ended up getting my traded gun back so it all worked out.

I meant to add, also had a gun I sold many years ago pop up from some kind of crime scene and I was contacted by an Atl suberb PD detective about it. Told her I'd sold it years ago. She said OK and I never heard back.

Had one I bought and sold was stolen. Police called me about it and I got the guy I sold it to a new Glock 19 and swapped out with him and gave the stolen one to police department. Bought 3 from guy one Sunday and sold pistol to nephew! Got call about month later from SLED saying gun had been used in murder. Got it back from nephew and then they found out that store in Anderson had put wrong pistol on paperwork and wasn’t the gun they needed. Definitely make you watch who you deal with.

Back
Top Bottom