Everything you ever wanted to know about the AR-15 (but were afraid to ask) FEATURING GREG VESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice idear but lol in my experience it costs more to build a nice AR than it will sail for.

Kinda like building a one off custom home.
I agree. That could be negotiated , but the intent would be what do you think is more important and having to choose. Want a 300 barrel knock yourself out , what gives.

The older bolt carriers were meant to accommodate one of these nifty little pieces of metal. For 15 grand you too can own one!
H1193-L25264063.jpg
First one I have seen since I don't have a FFL but it looks like that BCG you showed was a Colt half moon bolt and this pic is a old fully auto mechanism. Don't hold me to that. I have never had the pleasure of seeing one. I build modern sporting rifles. I no historian and I don't mess with full auto guns.

900 dollars yeah i know...that is alot of ammo and one and a half gun builds..i just go as a quest and i have access to others that dont beat me up like that..I get it is a very nice range but i dont drive a G10 or Hummer H1
The nine hundred is a one time price. As long as you stay a member it's only 300 per year. That's 25 bucks a month. I would eat that up in a two weeks at an indoor range.

First one I have seen since I don't have a FFL but it looks like that BCG you showed was a Colt half moon bolt and this pic is a old fully auto mechanism. Don't hold me to that. I have never had the pleasure of seeing one. I build modern sporting rifles. I no historian and I don't mess with full auto guns.
Come on now, everyone has to play with uzi's......... :becky:

2d Try. I have replaced the buffer on a couple ARs with the A5 System. I am confused as to why a Carbine length buffer thats the same weight will not work in tjhe A5 system with the longer Buffer extension. Just can't figure out what the length of buffer has to do with it. I know a rifle length could be too long but why can't a carbine length be used instead of the Proprietary A5 Buffer.

I couldn't bring myself to build a 300 dollar AR15. That's just wrong on so many levels. Eugene Stoner would roll over in his grave if he heard such blasphemy in the highest degree.
Ive built one for that with parts from guys here on the ODT...It can be done and i regret selling it..the little bastard was a great shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom