• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Eviction by significant other

no. has to have eviction formally served through the courts - then you have 30 days. You've established residency

Uh, no... courts give you seven days. Haven't read all the posts; others have probably pointed this out. It's seven days more than the deadbeats deserve, but I digress.

Can't speak to some other court situation, but the deadbeats get seven days, and sadly I know what I'm talking about. Same deal in Fulton, Dekalb, Gwinnett, Bibb, and Jones.

This may have zero relevancy to your situation though-- but a straight up "wouldn't pay" gets seven days, after about 21 days of other stuff.

Good luck.

Regardless of what the courts allow, why would you stay another minute? Pack up your sh.. Er, stuff and GTFO. Take half the money in the accounts and split. Or, be proactive. Try to get her into a psych ward for eval.

Well last year the Macon PD showed up to my wife's niece trying to get her ex boyfriend out and they told her they couldn't make him leave especially if he wasn't being violent or threatening.
I know. What do you do??

You can't expect fairness.

Keep calm! Every decision you make, ask yourself if it's a wise decision. Get Yo stuff and get out. And download an audio recorder app on your phone. And have a small video camera with ANY interactions. Get moving. We are here for ya.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I know. What do you do??

You can't expect fairness.

Keep calm! Every decision you make, ask yourself if it's a wise decision. Get Yo stuff and get out. And download an audio recorder app on your phone. And have a small video camera with ANY interactions. Get moving. We are here for ya.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Well you can buy a USB wall charger spy cam on Amazon for under $50.00. Aside from that we all have to remember that it's all a big chess game. By that I mean that the move you make now will effect you and the bigger picture two or three moves from now. It's always better to stay calm and collected in stressful situations. If you snap and lose your temper not only do you lose your edge but you give law enforcement an excuse to lock your ass up and or issue restraining orders. Never telegraph your punches and never tell someone you're gonna kick their ass. Just do it.

mental women.jpg

I wish you the best of luck in your situation. I've been there, and right now it's all about covering your ass. If I can be of any help in any way please let me know. Sorry you are going through this.

Back
Top Bottom