• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eviction by significant other

A
Her house btw
After 18yrs I'm thinking you get half.

All she has to do is call the cops and tell them she is afraid of you and what you might do. Guess who would get to spend the weekend in jail? Happened to two military buddies. Neither one of them touched the wife during their discussion and both spent the weekend in jail. Not worth it, just leave peacefully and let the lawyers sort it out.

A woman of 18 years who's willing to kick you out at the drop of a hat might be crazy enough to call the cops and say you hit her, and charge you with domestic violence in order to get her way, or plant drugs on you or your vehicle and have you arrested. Domestic violence conviction will take your firearms.

Sometimes you can't win against crazy and sometimes is better to suck the pride and do the walk.
^^^ There's too much truth to this ^^^ Even if she turns out to be the mentally unstable one in the house, you may have to re-locate any weapons you may have. Also, if any of the utility bills are in your name then you have established "residence". BUT, and that's a big but, if you voluntarily or involuntarily leave, you can't just cut the power, water etc...they must be transferred to her or you may receive a nasty gram from the courthouse. This is just legal "hearsay", not advice

If you have joint accounts, start a side account, otherwise she will/can clean you out, leaving you penniless.

Do that now, whether or not she keeps you AND KEEP DOING IT AFTER THINGS SETTLE DOWN. You need some kind of fall back account.

Added to this and can't stress enough how important it is NOT to put all of your financial eggs in one basket. I even have an discreet emergency VISA card that is mine alone and has a $5000 balance available if I need it.

If you have a trustworthy single friend, I would "sell" them the things you most treasure, 'cause she'll be after them in the divorce just to hurt you. Also have him start an account you can begin moving funds to through him. Cash only, no paper trail.

As long as you have mail in your name coming to the house. Will take 60 days to evict you. It’s the Georgia law.
Tried this on my step daughter a few years ago. Sorry to hear this is happening. If you have another room or basement I suggest going there until you find a place.

Dude, its over. Get out ASAP. I've been where you are and it sucks. I'm really sorry but this can't be fixed and you CANNOT win here. We are talking about involving law enforcement/family courts. This is a woman's domain and it doesn't matter what the truth of the situation is, she will win 99% of the time. You are in a very dangerous position. Get all of your **** and get out while you still have a clean arrest record.

And for ****'s sake don't come back to her when she calls you crying trying to fix things. The only way you win this game is by taking your ball and going home. Her house isn't your home anymore.

Back
Top Bottom