• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

what numbers? didnt we cover this already?
Probably? EV hasn’t got over 1% of registered vehicles yet. Different subject kinda but why in the world aside from greed hasn’t gasoline engines gotten better mileage? No lie (I’ll prove it after restoration is complete , before big block swap). My 1967 F-100 , 240 6cyl , 3 on the tree got over 30 miles to the gallon consistently driving it to work for about 8yrs. This tells me the oil kings have slowly killed themselves over the years not making cars more fuel efficient. We wouldn’t be having an EV discussion if it weren’t for GREED. Imho

I would love to know from all the big brain progress types in here what is the pinnacle of progress? Is no ability to operate the vehicle what y’all want? With all this bull**** like auto braking, lane maintaining, digital mirrors, radar cruise control and whatever else tech crap y’all love where does it end? I personally like driving, when I am driving that’s all I do, still have 30 more years where I will probably will want to drive if I am lucky and don’t want a self driving aware robot car.
I will say this my wife’s electric car is a soulless, over complicated, silent and a blisteringly fast appliance and it does not do it for me, it would absolutely work for my daily driver but I choose to drive a gasser

One of my favorite words. Progress. I love progressive is funny as .. too.
Just give in and buy one of those behemoth GMC Hummer EVs. There are plenty of new and used ones to pick from, just go look on Autotrader.

If you don't have a level 2 or 3 charger for it at home (few do) no worries, just plug it in to your regular outlet. It will only take 8.3 days to charge the battery from empty to full. If you charge it overnight (say 8hrs) you get only 14 miles of range from that. That is you know....progress!

1711488274922.png

Just give in and buy one of those behemoth GMC Hummer EVs. There are plenty of new and used ones to pick from, just go look on Autotrader.

If you don't have a level 2 or 3 charger for it at home (few do) no worries, just plug it in to your regular outlet. It will only take 8.3 days to charge the battery from empty to full. If you charge it overnight (say 8hrs) you get only 14 miles of range from that. That is you know....progress!

View attachment 7057197
Being 6’4” 270lbs I’d probably need one that big. Just being honest, I talk about the old pony cars of the 80’s and 90’s but I wouldn’t want another one now. My ‘67 Ford will be my last truck/automobile. I’ll be 50 soon and know a good 302 will get me by.

I guess you're still hanging onto your GAS DRYER? Yeah, cant be having those 40/50 amp breakers sitting around all the homes and new homes being built. you must prefer carbon monoxide exhaust in your house god forbid it leaks into the house

So the same plugs and electric panes that feed those...can be wired in the garage for EV charging.

But why dont we ask someone who actually has a charger and an EV...oh, wait...that's me.

I charge 27 miles per hour on my charger at home. The Charger isnt part of the house. The charger is in my car. Each car can have different charger rate. in 8 hours, i can charge 216 miles, but Im never in need of that many miles at one time

I guess you're still hanging onto your GAS DRYER? Yeah, cant be having those 40/50 amp breakers sitting around all the homes and new homes being built. you must prefer carbon monoxide exhaust in your house god forbid it leaks into the house

So the same plugs and electric panes that feed those...can be wired in the garage for EV charging.

But why dont we ask someone who actually has a charger and an EV...oh, wait...that's me.

I charge 27 miles per hour on my charger at home. The Charger isnt part of the house. The charger is in my car. Each car can have different charger rate. in 8 hours, i can charge 216 miles, but Im never in need of that many miles at one time
That would be my situation.

My house doesn't have a level 2/3 charger setup, so I'd have to use 120v and yes it would take that long.

Our backwoods gas station just added a non ethanol option. That’s my kinda progress.
Same. Gas station less than a mile away has non ethanol. It's all I put in my boat and lawnmower.

You want to talk about government subsidies, nothing is dumber than ethanol. Can't blame EV's for that ****.

Back
Top Bottom