• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

Holler back when you hit 200k .
This guy has gotten about 300,000 miles per battery pack. He's driven 1.12 million miles, and he has gone through a lot of motors (13), but apparently the early Model S had a design flaw they've apparently worked out. Still got about 84,000 per battery, and has driven it around Europe, Africa, and Asia. He apparently does not suffer from battery anxiety.

1.2 million mile Tesla

They’ve been trying to push them on riders for a while. The owner at my local Harley Dealership said “You will never see a Live Wire (or whatever it’s called) on my floor” . Harley knows they messed up. Zero is doing ok , not near as good as any other new gassers like Royal Enfield’s come back.
Yeah, but that's because Harley riders have never been about performance. They're all about the chrome and the potato-potato sound. And Harley's are rarely used for transportation, they are toys. Even if the world goes electric for transportation loud Harley's will still be around.

They're really just for pissing people off in Helen on the weekends. Harley can do that because they have the most efficient means of turning high octane fuel into noise without the burdensome horsepower that normally accompanies it.

Probably? EV hasn’t got over 1% of registered vehicles yet. Different subject kinda but why in the world aside from greed hasn’t gasoline engines gotten better mileage? No lie (I’ll prove it after restoration is complete , before big block swap). My 1967 F-100 , 240 6cyl , 3 on the tree got over 30 miles to the gallon consistently driving it to work for about 8yrs. This tells me the oil kings have slowly killed themselves over the years not making cars more fuel efficient. We wouldn’t be having an EV discussion if it weren’t for GREED. Imho
Edmunds say's 6.5% of new car sales in 2023 were 'lectric.

I used to have a 85 Camaro with a 350 V-8 swapped in and a 5 speed. At 80 mph with the tops out it would get 26 mpg.

I suspect that car makers NEVER lead with the most fuel efficient tune. The government keeps upping the CAFE standards, so it behooves them to 'detune' every car model. If (when) the standard goes up next year they just flash the computer with the more efficient tune and Bob's your Uncle, we meet the new CAFE standards.

I would love to know from all the big brain progress types in here what is the pinnacle of progress? Is no ability to operate the vehicle what y’all want? With all this bull**** like auto braking, lane maintaining, digital mirrors, radar cruise control and whatever else tech crap y’all love where does it end? I personally like driving, when I am driving that’s all I do, still have 30 more years where I will probably will want to drive if I am lucky and don’t want a self driving aware robot car.
I will say this my wife’s electric car is a soulless, over complicated, silent and a blisteringly fast appliance and it does not do it for me, it would absolutely work for my daily driver but I choose to drive a gasser
I agree with much of what you say.

But just because the souless car is electric doesn't mean it's because it's electric. The soulessness you're referring to is infecting EVERY new car. Touch screens, all that crap. It's in IC cars, too. Some people like that, and in theory auto braking will keep those that don't take driving seriously from rear ending those that do.

I would prefer if people had their choice rather than government mandating it.

That would be my situation.

My house doesn't have a level 2/3 charger setup, so I'd have to use 120v and yes it would take that long.
Then don't buy the Hummer monstrosity. It's a straw man argument.

I guess I should say that I would NEVER own an IC car since a M35A2 deuce and half truck only gets 9 mpg and tops out at 55 mph.

I guess this proves that electric cars suck - a stock Tesla couldn't beat a built race car.

The IC car was supercharged, nitrous oxide injected, running on racing slicks, and its driver got the jump on the guy driving the Tesla by a LOT. Even the guy who posted the video admitted the Tesla driver wasn't familiar with the tree, and wrote "Don't challenge a race car to a race."

In all honesty, though, the Tesla driver should have taken it like a man. Don't challenge a built drag car to a race in a factory car.

I guess this proves that electric cars suck - a stock Tesla couldn't beat a built race car.

The IC car was supercharged, nitrous oxide injected, running on racing slicks, and its driver got the jump on the guy driving the Tesla by a LOT. Even the guy who posted the video admitted the Tesla driver wasn't familiar with the tree, and wrote "Don't challenge a race car to a race."

In all honesty, though, the Tesla driver should have taken it like a man. Don't challenge a built drag car to a race in a factory car.
I'm just stirring the pot.......

Then don't buy the Hummer monstrosity. It's a straw man argument.

I guess I should say that I would NEVER own an IC car since a M35A2 deuce and half truck only gets 9 mpg and tops out at 55 mph.
Lol... I wouldn't.

Just an example of the EV downside, that rarely gets mentioned from the tests and reviews I have seen in the past.

I'll take an M35A2 any day...hardtop, heater, air-shift but no winch.

Lol... I wouldn't.

Just an example of the EV downside, that really gets mentioned from the tests and reviews I have seen in the past.

I'll take an M35A2 any day...hardtop, heater, air-shift but no winch.
No winch? I'll have to block you, Sir. I can't have a discussion with a man who wouldn't want a winch on his M35.

Back
Top Bottom