• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

Don’t care how fast it might be, if it doesn’t have that straight exhaust ‘pucketa-pucketa’ idle, and roar at full throttle, it ain’t ****.
I do love a good lopey idle like that, but usually those cars also suck ass to drive around on the street. Apples to oranges. We're talking about a factory street car that can cruise quietly and smoothly, and still tear it up on the drag strip. That pucketa pucketa idle car is fun as hell on the track, sounds badass, but isn't so fun sitting in traffic going to the grocery store. :lol:

I do love a good lopey idle like that, but usually those cars also suck ass to drive around on the street. Apples to oranges. We're talking about a factory street car that can cruise quietly and smoothly, and still tear it up on the drag strip. That pucketa pucketa idle car is fun as hell on the track, sounds badass, but isn't so fun sitting in traffic going to the grocery store. :lol:
Can't run from the cops in them either. Found that out with my loud ass 89 firebird formula. You may be out of sight, but they can hear if you went left or right.

Can't run from the cops in them either. Found that out with my loud ass 89 firebird formula. You may be out of sight, but they can hear if you went left or right.
I feel sorry for you guys with those defeatest attitudes.

I feel sorry for you guys with those defeatest attitudes.
Don't get me wrong I love old muscle cars. I just also appreciate the fact that any old car I've ever owned or could dream of owning would get walked by a factory Tesla. I'm a car guy and always have been but I can also recognize that's pretty cool. I love the rumble of a V8 or the sound of a whining supercharger, or spooling turbos. I can appreciate both that and the fact that an EV has tons more instant torque going to the ground.

You say that like 8.55 in the 1/4 is slow :lol: Also, those are stock EVs not heavily modded or super car priced.

C&D got a stock 2021 Tesla Plaid to run 9.4 @151. Hangs with multimillion dollar sports cars.

View attachment 7059865
Oh, that’s FAST no denying it. I never meant to make it seem slow , any car/truck that can hit 12 seconds or close is fast to me. All the other variables I mentioned are what turns me away. Like pulling off a 9.4 1/4 mile without any skills at all. Speaking of multi million dollar cars. I like to watch NHRA after seeing stuff like that. Reckon they can pull off 3.665?
IMG_5060.png

I love those lopey idling cars and trucks you’re talking about. If it’s uncomfortable ; that’s on you lol.

All the guys crying about EV's were also saying the Internet wasn't the future back in 2001 and when they saw young people spending all day on online chat rooms they thought it was stupid, dumb, if you want to talk to them do it face to face or call them, not some dumb internet typing thing.

And here they are chatting online all day, and soon they'll be doing out of their self driving EV. And they'll love it.

All the guys crying about EV's were also saying the Internet wasn't the future back in 2001 and when they saw young people spending all day on online chat rooms they thought it was stupid, dumb, if you want to talk to them do it face to face or call them, not some dumb internet typing thing.

And here they are chatting online all day, and soon they'll be doing out of their self driving EV. And they'll love it.
165.gif

Back
Top Bottom