• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

Got in the TXC ally yesterday for my P365 and I added the Colonel blade option seeing as it's been sitting at home for the last 6 months because I don't like feeling like I'm wearing a Batman utility belt while I EDC most of the time. Today is day 1 running the TXC rig verses my T1 axis slim for the P365. They feel similar but the TXC has a little more flexibility due to the separated holster and mag carrier. The Tier1 over laps the two parts so it's a bit more rigid. I do have the part to replace the bungee cord with a flexible flap so I may try that also. I'd say the TXC conceals a little better due to the design allowing it to bend into my frame better.

So far, I'll say that I'm going to have to change the belt clips. It rides too low putting my Aegis belt and the grip just close enough to scrape my knuckle on my middle finger when I draw. I need the holster to be about 1/4" higher to clear that with no issues. There isn't really an option with the included clips other than moving them down and running 1 screw verses 2 for attachment of the clips. I have a large assortment of extra clips of all kinds at home so I'll be experimenting some with that.

Seems to be a quality set up and mine shipped within 4 days of ordering and it was a "build your own" version. So kudos on that since Tier 1 takes 2-3 weeks.

I'll report back any new issues or findings for anyone still watching this thread.

Got in the TXC ally yesterday for my P365 and I added the Colonel blade option seeing as it's been sitting at home for the last 6 months because I don't like feeling like I'm wearing a Batman utility belt while I EDC most of the time. Today is day 1 running the TXC rig verses my T1 axis slim for the P365. They feel similar but the TXC has a little more flexibility due to the separated holster and mag carrier. The Tier1 over laps the two parts so it's a bit more rigid. I do have the part to replace the bungee cord with a flexible flap so I may try that also. I'd say the TXC conceals a little better due to the design allowing it to bend into my frame better.

So far, I'll say that I'm going to have to change the belt clips. It rides too low putting my Aegis belt and the grip just close enough to scrape my knuckle on my middle finger when I draw. I need the holster to be about 1/4" higher to clear that with no issues. There isn't really an option with the included clips other than moving them down and running 1 screw verses 2 for attachment of the clips. I have a large assortment of extra clips of all kinds at home so I'll be experimenting some with that.

Seems to be a quality set up and mine shipped within 4 days of ordering and it was a "build your own" version. So kudos on that since Tier 1 takes 2-3 weeks.

I'll report back any new issues or findings for anyone still watching this thread.

I swapped out the bungee for the flex strip for a bit more rigidity as it was too floppy at first for me but yeah, I also did not like that ya can’t adjust ride height line ya can with T. rex or tier1. They all make great rigs and allow options for different users

I swapped out the bungee for the flex strip for a bit more rigidity as it was too floppy at first for me but yeah, I also did not like that ya can’t adjust ride height line ya can with T. rex or tier1. They all make great rigs and allow options for different users
I'm not writing it off yet but as of right now I like my T1 axis slim better. I'll still play with the clips and different set ups for a few days but I'll probably end up ordering the new T1 offering anyway. It's only money right. :)

kewl man! For what gun? Curious how it Works for ya. Hope ya find it as comfortable as I do but holster comfort varies so much between people
This little guy, with a Trijicon RMR mounted on it.

iu

This little guy, with a Trijicon RMR mounted on it.

iu
I'm seriously considering that route myself. Keep the details coming on it if you go for it. Either a P365XL or just buying a G43X or 48 and having it milled to accept the RMR/508T (same foot print so I haven't decided which one yet).

My G45 is currently being milled for an RMR/508T so once it comes back I'm converting all my EDC pistols to a RDS of some kind.

Back
Top Bottom