• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

Dunno -- it would probably be better to call and ask first.

Both Tier 1 and TXC are optics ready for the P365xl BUT with the RMR being about 2 or so mm's on each side wider than the slide you may run into issues with a high/med sweat guard. There is plenty of room for the optic between the pistol and mag carrier on both.

The TXC doesn't give an option for the length of the sweat guard and looking at mine right now you'd probably have an issue. The sweat guard runs up to the first line on the rear slide cuts and the optic cut starts well before that.

Tier 1 gives the option of no sweat guard so that may be the way to go. I found a pic of a 365xl in the axis elite and you'd be fine for the RMR with that holster as the optic cut is well above the holster line with no sweat guard. You can also see there is plenty of room between the top of the pistol and the mag carrier.

73030330_2480942938842244_8925679177735077888_o.jpg

Both Tier 1 and TXC are optics ready for the P365xl BUT with the RMR being about 2 or so mm's on each side wider than the slide you may run into issues with a high/med sweat guard. There is plenty of room for the optic between the pistol and mag carrier on both.

The TXC doesn't give an option for the length of the sweat guard and looking at mine right now you'd probably have an issue. The sweat guard runs up to the first line on the rear slide cuts and the optic cut starts well before that.

Tier 1 gives the option of no sweat guard so that may be the way to go. I found a pic of a 365xl in the axis elite and you'd be fine for the RMR with that holster as the optic cut is well above the holster line with no sweat guard. You can also see there is plenty of room between the top of the pistol and the mag carrier.

73030330_2480942938842244_8925679177735077888_o.jpg
Thanks, that’s good to know.

Thanks, that’s good to know.
Sucks on the side car holster. At least they were honest about it. You can't go wrong with Tier 1 though. I tried contacting the company on the availability on that P365xl plate adapter for the RMR since it's not showing in stock at the moment. They haven't gotten back to me yet. Seems everything about the P365XL optic game is a waiting game at the moment. :doh:

Sucks on the side car holster. At least they were honest about it. You can't go wrong with Tier 1 though. I tried contacting the company on the availability on that P365xl plate adapter for the RMR since it's not showing in stock at the moment. They haven't gotten back to me yet. Seems everything about the P365XL optic game is a waiting game at the moment. :doh:
Agree completely. T1C holsters are all I've used up until now. T-Rex was going to be my first tryout of another AIWB brand.

Agree completely. T1C holsters are all I've used up until now. T-Rex was going to be my first tryout of another AIWB brand.

Well let me be the first to tell you, in case you're holster curious, that TXC is a good holster but it's not quite at Tier 1's level. I like that I can carry my Colonel blade with it in place of the spare mag but other than that, it's just not quite a good as the Tier 1 imo. All small stuff but when you're spending $140+ on a holster, the small stuff matters.

I've had to use T1's clips to make the TXC work for me and last night I had to modify the wing to shorten it some on top to make it so I can get a full grip when drawing and not skin my middle finger knuckle each time.

I did not have any of those issues with my Tier 1 Axis slim for the 365. In the end, I'll end up ordering the Axis elite for the 365XL once I get an optic on it.

If you want the most comfortable minimal holster ever made check out the raven concealment vanguard. They have them for glocks, M&P and the 365. If you want a mag carrier get an alien gear cloak or something like that and run it to the side. Also more comfortable because they are independent of each other.

If you want the most comfortable minimal holster ever made check out the raven concealment vanguard. They have them for glocks, M&P and the 365. If you want a mag carrier get an alien gear cloak or something like that and run it to the side. Also more comfortable because they are independent of each other.
Honestly that "holster" has always scared me out of trying it. :eek2: It just doesn't seem as secure as something that goes all the way around the muzzle, grip, trigger, frame, and barrel. I like the idea of something that wraps all the way around most of the gun's surface area better I guess.

Honestly that "holster" has always scared me out of trying it. :eek2: It just doesn't seem as secure as something that goes all the way around the muzzle, grip, trigger, frame, and barrel. I like the idea of something that wraps all the way around most of the gun's surface area better I guess.
Short term comfort with those clip holsters is ok if you're just sitting around but you can't train with them. Re-holstering is an issue across the board. When shooting, after a few strings of fire the slide is hot and there's no protection from that if you're working on drawing and firing, then if you had to run or simulate a fight with it on it moves around due to the single clip.

Short term comfort with those clip holsters is ok if you're just sitting around but you can't train with them. Re-holstering is an issue across the board. When shooting, after a few strings of fire the slide is hot and there's no protection from that if you're working on drawing and firing, then if you had to run or simulate a fight with it on it moves around due to the single clip.
Oh yeah... hadn't thought of the hot barrel & slide. Ouch. :target:

Back
Top Bottom