• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

I have a Sidecar on the way myself. After wearing the T1C for a while now, I'm curious to see differences in comfort.

Keep us posted on this. I’d like to hear everyone’s experience with these things before I buy another one.
Right now I’m leaning towards T1 but, the side car is cheaper and ships quicker so, save me some money and convince me to buy it :thumb:

Keep us posted on this. I’d like to hear everyone’s experience with these things before I buy another one.
Right now I’m leaning towards T1 but, the side car is cheaper and ships quicker so, save me some money and convince me to buy it :thumb:
The ones with flex in the middle are worth it like the T1s and TXC. I run a TXC that I paid full price for and I get Sidecars for free if that tells you anything. The Sidecar is an outstanding holster but for me, there is significant comfort difference having that flex.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm seriously considering that route myself. Keep the details coming on it if you go for it. Either a P365XL or just buying a G43X or 48 and having it milled to accept the RMR/508T (same foot print so I haven't decided which one yet).

My G45 is currently being milled for an RMR/508T so once it comes back I'm converting all my EDC pistols to a RDS of some kind.
Normally the P365 only accepts either Sig's Romeo Zero or the RMSc Shield red dots. BUT some enterprising guy made an adapter plate for the Trijicon RMR. :rockon:

:thumb:
Is there any difference in conceal-ability? Post some pics of the new Side Car vs the Axis Elite, if you don’t mind.

So in concealability for the 43x/48 in the sidecar vs elite tier 1....it’s a draw. Neither of them protrude or print with a form fitting shirt on me. As seen below

752B0FF5-6260-4C14-B27A-45840DE87845.jpeg

the above pic is with sidecar but looks no different with tier1

so concealment is no issue with either. that leaves it to the other important factor...comfort. As I have said, the T. rex just fits my body perfect. There is less kydex material overall so smaller footprint and therefore less pressure points (no pressure points on me with it). Here they are again size comparison

3B68BC7A-3DFB-4B68-92D1-E78FC1E5737C.jpeg

For what it’s worth, here is what they look like on my waistline

T. rex

B7C646B8-E70A-435E-BCB4-4FBB9B3A48E8.jpeg

Notice how close the mag is to the gun. The overall compact close fit design of the sidecar.

Here is tier 1 axis elite
72499368-D65E-47DC-B2C3-A0FD46E688D7.jpeg

As you can see the mag sits farther away from the pistol. An overall larger footprint, which is more real estate in your pants. If wondering why the mag sits so low, I custom ordered it that way so when I install the +5 extension on the shield arms 15 round mag it will be somewhat flush with back of pistols slide.

Here a few more pics of how they look from above the waistline looking down

T. rex
913399A0-C742-49F6-8DD7-6744CA112B22.jpeg

Tier1

C681D175-6C84-4CB2-9300-BAAABF70EC98.jpeg

In those two pics above ya kinda can see the lower profile of the sidecar. But ya got guys like Burdy Burdy that swear by the tier1/txc design. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference but sometimes seeing each set up helps determine things out. At the end of it all, any of these are quality safe designs which are of utmost importance. As for me at this time, my vote goes to T. rex arms sidecar. John Lovell of warrior poet society (has a great YouTube channel) is a tier1 guy. Barrett fawbush who also has YouTube channel (tru exodus) is a txc fanboy now. Use to be sidecar, then tier 1and now he has settled on txc. So when someone says ______ is the best holster, remember it’s subjective and what’s best for person A is not guaranteed best for person B. Most importantly, whatever ya go with. Train....then train some more...after ya have done that, practice, etc. :thumb:

:thumb:

So in concealability for the 43x/48 in the sidecar vs elite tier 1....it’s a draw. Neither of them protrude or print with a form fitting shirt on me. As seen below

View attachment 2465806

the above pic is with sidecar but looks no different with tier1

so concealment is no issue with either. that leaves it to the other important factor...comfort. As I have said, the T. rex just fits my body perfect. There is less kydex material overall so smaller footprint and therefore less pressure points (no pressure points on me with it). Here they are again size comparison

View attachment 2465807

For what it’s worth, here is what they look like on my waistline

T. rex

View attachment 2465808
Notice how close the mag is to the gun. The overall compact close fit design of the sidecar.

Here is tier 1 axis elite
View attachment 2465809
As you can see the mag sits farther away from the pistol. An overall larger footprint, which is more real estate in your pants. If wondering why the mag sits so low, I custom ordered it that way so when I install the +5 extension on the shield arms 15 round mag it will be somewhat flush with back of pistols slide.

Here a few more pics of how they look from above the waistline looking down

T. rex
View attachment 2465810

Tier1

View attachment 2465811

In those two pics above ya kinda can see the lower profile of the sidecar. But ya got guys like Burdy Burdy that swear by the tier1/txc design. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference but sometimes seeing each set up helps determine things out. At the end of it all, any of these are quality safe designs which are of utmost importance. As for me at this time, my vote goes to T. rex arms sidecar. John Lovell of warrior poet society (has a great YouTube channel) is a tier1 guy. Barrett fawbush who also has YouTube channel (tru exodus) is a txc fanboy now. Use to be sidecar, then tier 1and now he has settled on txc. So when someone says ______ is the best holster, remember it’s subjective and what’s best for person A is not guaranteed best for person B. Most importantly, whatever ya go with. Train....then train some more...after ya have done that, practice, etc. :thumb:

Great post. I haven't tried the TRex side car but at this point having run the T1 and now running the TXC I have to imagine that there are only small variances between them and while all are top notch quality it really is just finding the one that works for you the best personally. I like the T1 one better but its because the wing they use doesn't get in the way of my getting a good grip when drawing with the P365xl. With my G45 that isn't an issue due to the size of the pistol so it's really user and weapon dependent IMO.

I did switch out the clips on the TXC to some Tier 1 clips because they have multiple holes for micro adjustments verses just 2 holes (yep, totally crossed that **** over) and they work much better. I replaced the bungee cord with the flex kit attachment device and preferred that immediately once I put it back on. The bungee cord allows for too much flexing for my liking. Now that I look at the TXC it looks relatively close to the T1 Aegis holster with the connector and running T1 clips. But it does give me the option to carry the the Colonel blade which is really the reason I bought it.

Awesome write up sheep dog sheep dog ! That was very thorough, thanks for that, it helps a lot. I can definitely see what you mean about how the two holsters contour to the body. From the POV shots they look virtually identical in the amount of bend they have in the middle. My main reason for considering the T1 over the Trex was the flexible center providing better concealment; comfort is an issue as well but, you say the smaller footprint makes it more comfortable than the flex.... I guess the real question, for me at least, is one of cost.. Burdy Burdy do you have an ODT discount for Trex Arms? ;)

i am about to order a sidecar for my g19 gen 5/19x. Just trying to think of what color to go with haha
So T-Rex just wrote and said they can't make a Sidecar for the P365XL with a Trijicon RMR mounted -- said the RMR bumps into the spare mag. Guess I'll have to try a different holster without the spare mag thing. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom