• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

Oh yeah... hadn't thought of the hot barrel & slide. Ouch. :target:
I speak from experience and have a small burn mark to prove it.

Tried that style with my G43 years ago. Sitting at the office or driving was great. Not so much in training classes and range time.

I speak from experience and have a small burn mark to prove it.

Tried that style with my G43 years ago. Sitting at the office or driving was great. Not so much in training classes and range time.

Oh wait, we are suppose to train with our edc!?

Short term comfort with those clip holsters is ok if you're just sitting around but you can't train with them. Re-holstering is an issue across the board. When shooting, after a few strings of fire the slide is hot and there's no protection from that if you're working on drawing and firing, then if you had to run or simulate a fight with it on it moves around due to the single clip.
You’re absolutely correct. I cant argue that. I bring a standard kydex holster that has close to the same retention strength if I’m doing a lot of reps. I carry with it because 99% of our guns life is spent on your waist not hot.

Well let me be the first to tell you, in case you're holster curious, that TXC is a good holster but it's not quite at Tier 1's level. I like that I can carry my Colonel blade with it in place of the spare mag but other than that, it's just not quite a good as the Tier 1 imo. All small stuff but when you're spending $140+ on a holster, the small stuff matters.

I've had to use T1's clips to make the TXC work for me and last night I had to modify the wing to shorten it some on top to make it so I can get a full grip when drawing and not skin my middle finger knuckle each time.

I did not have any of those issues with my Tier 1 Axis slim for the 365. In the end, I'll end up ordering the Axis elite for the 365XL once I get an optic on it.

You speak the truth about the TXC's ride height. I removed the TXC clips and went with shorter metal Discreet Concept clips in order to get the ride height correct.
Oh yeah, and Colonel Blades are coming back...

As for people moving from the corded center to the less flexible center, I have tried both, and went back to the corded, just tied off a different way and much tighter.

Honestly that "holster" has always scared me out of trying it. :eek2: It just doesn't seem as secure as something that goes all the way around the muzzle, grip, trigger, frame, and barrel. I like the idea of something that wraps all the way around most of the gun's surface area better I guess.
I use one for 4 o'clock carry every now and then when the situation calls for it, but I wouldn't aim it toward my pecker.

You speak the truth about the TXC's ride height. I removed the TXC clips and went with shorter metal Discreet Concept clips in order to get the ride height correct.
Oh yeah, and Colonel Blades are coming back...

As for people moving from the corded center to the less flexible center, I have tried both, and went back to the corded, just tied off a different way and much tighter.
I'm also going back to the cord in the center. The flex strip limits the movement some but with the ride height adjusted for proper draw stroke it also causes me to print slightly more and forces me to cinch my belt a lot tighter to force it into my body especially with the full sized Colonel blade attached. The corded center, while floppy off my body allows the rig to hug the contour of my waistline for that extra little bit of concealment without wearing a waist line tourniquet. I wear t-shirts and loose fit workout type shirts so keeping from printing is a little more challenging.

I'm also going back to the cord in the center. The flex strip limits the movement some but with the ride height adjusted for proper draw stroke it also causes me to print slightly more and forces me to cinch my belt a lot tighter to force it into my body especially with the full sized Colonel blade attached. The corded center, while floppy off my body allows the rig to hug the contour of my waistline for that extra little bit of concealment without wearing a waist line tourniquet. I wear t-shirts and loose fit workout type shirts so keeping from printing is a little more challenging.

maybe I’ll have to go back to the cord on my txc also and see if that helps haha.

Sucks on the side car holster. At least they were honest about it. You can't go wrong with Tier 1 though. I tried contacting the company on the availability on that P365xl plate adapter for the RMR since it's not showing in stock at the moment. They haven't gotten back to me yet. Seems everything about the P365XL optic game is a waiting game at the moment. :doh:
Here's what I went with for the time being... I happened to see a "Patriot" IWB holster made by our friend @billieco so I grabbed it. Fits the P365XL and Trijicon RMR perfectly with the special adapter plate made by Maple Leaf FAs. Normally the P365XL only accepts 2 specific red dot sights: RMSc Shield and Romeo Zero.

The plate & RMR stick out a little bit over the sides of the slide, but not by much. No extra mag holder built in, but I can stuff that somewhere else. Here are a few photos taken when I was zeroing my RMR out to 25 meters. Kind of wish I had a black red dot because the gun is black, but oh well.

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

This is my final 5 round shot group at 25 23 meters, roughly 1.5-2" across. I'll take that zero!

IMG_4712.JPG

Back
Top Bottom