• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

Good point! I’d be running the aplc too. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that. It may mess with my OCD not having a gun specific holster though...
I'm considering selling the Tier 1 axis slim for the P10C with APLc. If you decide to go that route shoot me a PM and maybe I can save you some money verses a new one.

Wow, I didn't realize how thick the mounting plate was from MLF for the p365xl. I guess they had to make it that thick to accommodate the width of the RMR and be sure it could with stand the force it would see from that short slide slamming back and forth. Looks like it would take a really tall front sight to be view-able through that RMR as it sits right now to have any form of a back up sighting system.
Yes that is one compromise I chose to make, because with the RMR mounted there is no room for a rear sight for co-witnessing. The Romeo Zero has a built-in rear sight, but I really don't feel like I need co-witnessing sights. A RMR battery lasts for years, and how often do you really co-witness anyway, other than when sighting it in?

Yes that is one compromise I chose to make, because with the RMR mounted there is no room for a rear sight for co-witnessing. The Romeo Zero has a built-in rear sight, but I really don't feel like I need co-witnessing sights. A RMR battery lasts for years, and how often do you really co-witness anyway, other than when sighting it in?
I'm not a co-witness guy at all and definitely don't promote slaving the dot to the sights either. Hell, several of my rifles don't even have back up sights. Plus, if you're going to trust an optic the RMR would be the absolute 100% choice.

So the search for the most concealable, accessible AND “most comfortable” aiwb search continues. You find a holster that ya make due with and maybe even really like but then ya try another one and takes that holsters spot and is your new “best friend”. One holster company I don’t believe has been mentioned in this thread is Dara holsters. I decided to purchase one to compare to the others we’ve discussed. Txc, tier 1, LLOD, T. rex arms. I will say having worn it all day and night today it has taken the spot for best aiwb for me. Mostly in comfort as all those I mentioned conceal pretty well but comfort is what sets a holster apart. This thing has so much less material and for active people is so much more versatile. It’s a different design than the others and I was not sure what to expect when it arrived in the mail but man, is it comfy...especially with a full size Glock. The single clip works like a freakin clamp on the belt. Zero play or wobble but soo much more comfortable than a more rigid 2 clip design. Between one center clip on the gun part and the minimal design of mag caddy. So much more comfy in your waistline and so less pressure or pressing on you. Especially bending over, crawling, etc. just wanted to update this ever going thread. so here it is.

A7DBEB21-07B5-4355-A9C1-05C858548539.jpeg
3010D0B0-F565-4885-9D14-1B6933254575.jpeg

you can see all the kydex NOT NEEDED for the mag caddy design which is a big part of increased comfort and it’s very customizable. And yes, it’s a flex point between gun and magmas the mag ride height is adjustable. Unique to this design. Seems they also have the most options for a variety of pistols

So the search for the most concealable, accessible AND “most comfortable” aiwb search continues. You find a holster that ya make due with and maybe even really like but then ya try another one and takes that holsters spot and is your new “best friend”. One holster company I don’t believe has been mentioned in this thread is Dara holsters. I decided to purchase one to compare to the others we’ve discussed. Txc, tier 1, LLOD, T. rex arms. I will say having worn it all day and night today it has taken the spot for best aiwb for me. Mostly in comfort as all those I mentioned conceal pretty well but comfort is what sets a holster apart. This thing has so much less material and for active people is so much more versatile. It’s a different design than the others and I was not sure what to expect when it arrived in the mail but man, is it comfy...especially with a full size Glock. The single clip works like a freakin clamp on the belt. Zero play or wobble but soo much more comfortable than a more rigid 2 clip design. Between one center clip on the gun part and the minimal design of mag caddy. So much more comfy in your waistline and so less pressure or pressing on you. Especially bending over, crawling, etc. just wanted to update this ever going thread. so here it is.

View attachment 2519516 View attachment 2519517

you can see all the kydex NOT NEEDED for the mag caddy design which is a big part of increased comfort and it’s very customizable. And yes, it’s a flex point between gun and magmas the mag ride height is adjustable. Unique to this design. Seems they also have the most options for a variety of pistols
Very nice. Besides the claw or wing, is there any sort of wedge on the back side of the holster, to push the grip toward you a bit?

D23874A3-0A11-4B9D-A011-943995880BEC.jpeg
I have heard from several of the “pros” that soft loops are more duarable and less likely to fail than plastic clips so I am Trying those out on this holster and I like em. Easier to put on and off and Maybe even a bit more comfortable. Any of y’all prefer soft loops over plastic clips?

View attachment 2519928 I have heard from several of the “pros” that soft loops are more duarable and less likely to fail than plastic clips so I am Trying those out on this holster and I like em. Easier to put on and off and Maybe even a bit more comfortable. Any of y’all prefer soft loops over plastic clips?
I've used them in the past but I prefer the rigidity of the clips. IME the loops allowed for too much "play" in the holster both up and down (drawing and re-holstering) and side to side unless I had my belt so tight it wasn't comfortable for long periods without me messing with it constantly.

I also just could never completely trust the snaps. That seems counter intuitive since it took an act of God to unsnap the damn things unless you did it just right but either way I just never felt that if I was hands on with someone rolling around on the ground or wrestling for control that the snaps wouldn't get caught and un-snap.

I am curious t hear your assessment. I know you really put the holsters to real time functional testing in many scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom