• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

So having wore the T. rex since I got it i decided to wear the tier1 all day Sunday to compare. I definitely noticed a difference in comfort. All day included church, playing at the park with kids, and working out, so it’s not like it was just sitting on the couch with me. The T. rex still leads in being more comfortable. I took tier1 off and switched to T. rex a few hours ago and was doing more fitness training and the holster was back in the sweet spot. I thought the tier1 conceals the extended 20 round mag from shield arms better, which technically it does slightly better do to sitting lower, but I was able to make adjustments with the T. rex to still get the concealment and more important, comfort. Just another input on “experiencing with appendix carry” thread. Carry on fellas

So having wore the T. rex since I got it i decided to wear the tier1 all day Sunday to compare. I definitely noticed a difference in comfort. All day included church, playing at the park with kids, and working out, so it’s not like it was just sitting on the couch with me. The T. rex still leads in being more comfortable. I took tier1 off and switched to T. rex a few hours ago and was doing more fitness training and the holster was back in the sweet spot. I thought the tier1 conceals the extended 20 round mag from shield arms better, which technically it does slightly better do to sitting lower, but I was able to make adjustments with the T. rex to still get the concealment and more important, comfort. Just another input on “experiencing with appendix carry” thread. Carry on fellas

It's a daily struggle for us all I think. I broke out the heat gun and slightly modified my T1 axis slim to accommodate my 365xl (it was close ended and only fit the p365) because I just can't get the TXC holster where I want it. It's either too low and affects my getting a good draw grip or too high and won't conceal like I want.

We're talking very minor variances here, so some may call it nick picking but to me it matters since I carry 12+ hours daily in all types of situations and environments. I've tried everything I can think of with the TXC rig (different clips, modified an extra wing I had to shorten it, cord verses flexible flap connector) and I just can't get OK with it. Great holster, quality set up and I really like the knife option in place of the spare mag but it just won't work for my body.

Like you and the T-Rex, the T1 holsters just seem to hit that sweet post and stay there for me. So I'm back to Tier 1 for the p365xl (and P365) and I've got a Axis Elite on the way for the G45 which is off being milled for an RMR. The AIWB holster struggle is real. :frusty:

Wow, I didn't realize how thick the mounting plate was from MLF for the p365xl. I guess they had to make it that thick to accommodate the width of the RMR and be sure it could with stand the force it would see from that short slide slamming back and forth. Looks like it would take a really tall front sight to be view-able through that RMR as it sits right now to have any form of a back up sighting system.

Well boys, I ordered the T1 Axis Elite, the Side Car, and the TXC from thewildgunner.com to rent for a week. I just got them in Saturday and, for me the Tier One Axis Elite is the best by far! The Trex Arms Side car would be second place, and the TXC is just a no for me dawg. It conceals a TINY bit better than the Side Car but, it’s very uncomfortable! That little concealment bump on the back side is a stabby little demon finger, it takes all the nice equal weight distribution of the other 2 holsters and piles it into that one spot on your body. I couldn’t make it comfortable no matter how I adjusted pant/belt height, or lateral position of the holster. Also the retention is extremely tight, even with the screws backed out to the last thread I couldn’t get the gun out of the holster without a giving myself a wedgie. Maybe I got a bad one in that regard. At any rate, my ranking of these holsters applies to quality of materials used, and the TXC falls last in that respect as well. Not that it’s bad quality, just less quality compared to the others.
As far as the Axis Elite goes, it’s just great all around. Concealment, retention, etc. Fit and finish are great, attention to detail is incredible (they even molded T1 into the kydex, come on guys!) less material used so, less weight and belt-line bulge. They also use a plastic concealment wing so, the wing has some flex to it aiding in concealment as well (which is something I never considered). It protrudes evenly across the belt-line so, there aren't abrupt, suspicious looking lumps here and there on the belt, just looks like a slight beer gut if anything. Overall, great holster and, the best of the 3 in my opinion. My only problem now is, they don’t make the Elite for the CZ P-10c with a light, and I don't know how the Axis Slim compares to the Elite... oh well. I’ll probably still go with an Axis Slim though.
So, there ya go, that’s my write up, for what it’s worth. I will continue to use these holsters throughout the week and let you guys know if my opinion changes.

Thanks for reading.

Oh and here’s the link to wildgunner in case anyone missed it in the previous post and wants to rent these holsters themselves: https://www.thewildgunner.com/
Great company!

Well boys, I ordered the T1 Axis Elite, the Side Car, and the TXC from thewildgunner.com to rent for a week. I just got them in Saturday and, for me the Tier One Axis Elite is the best by far! The Trex Arms Side car would be second place, and the TXC is just a no for me dawg. It conceals a TINY bit better than the Side Car but, it’s very uncomfortable! That little concealment bump on the back side is a stabby little demon finger, it takes all the nice equal weight distribution of the other 2 holsters and piles it into that one spot on your body. I couldn’t make it comfortable no matter how I adjusted pant/belt height, or lateral position of the holster. Also the retention is extremely tight, even with the screws backed out to the last thread I couldn’t get the gun out of the holster without a giving myself a wedgie. Maybe I got a bad one in that regard. At any rate, my ranking of these holsters applies to quality of materials used, and the TXC falls last in that respect as well. Not that it’s bad quality, just less quality compared to the others.
As far as the Axis Elite goes, it’s just great all around. Concealment, retention, etc. Fit and finish are great, attention to detail is incredible (they even molded T1 into the kydex, come on guys!) less material used so, less weight and belt-line bulge. They also use a plastic concealment wing so, the wing has some flex to it aiding in concealment as well (which is something I never considered). It protrudes evenly across the belt-line so, there aren't abrupt, suspicious looking lumps here and there on the belt, just looks like a slight beer gut if anything. Overall, great holster and, the best of the 3 in my opinion. My only problem now is, they don’t make the Elite for the CZ P-10c with a light, and I don't know how the Axis Slim compares to the Elite... oh well. I’ll probably still go with an Axis Slim though.
So, there ya go, that’s my write up, for what it’s worth. I will continue to use these holsters throughout the week and let you guys know if my opinion changes.

Thanks for reading.

Oh and here’s the link to wildgunner in case anyone missed it in the previous post and wants to rent these holsters themselves: https://www.thewildgunner.com/
Great company!

CZ P10c should fit in a Gen 2-4 glock 19 holster.

Well boys, I ordered the T1 Axis Elite, the Side Car, and the TXC from thewildgunner.com to rent for a week. I just got them in Saturday and, for me the Tier One Axis Elite is the best by far! The Trex Arms Side car would be second place, and the TXC is just a no for me dawg. It conceals a TINY bit better than the Side Car but, it’s very uncomfortable! That little concealment bump on the back side is a stabby little demon finger, it takes all the nice equal weight distribution of the other 2 holsters and piles it into that one spot on your body. I couldn’t make it comfortable no matter how I adjusted pant/belt height, or lateral position of the holster. Also the retention is extremely tight, even with the screws backed out to the last thread I couldn’t get the gun out of the holster without a giving myself a wedgie. Maybe I got a bad one in that regard. At any rate, my ranking of these holsters applies to quality of materials used as well, and the TXC falls last in that respect as well. Not that it’s bad quality, just less quality compared to the others.

Thanks for reading.

Great company!
FYI, the P10C and G19 holsters are pretty close. I run my G19/G45 in a Tier 1 axis slim for a P10c with an APLc. Works as it should. It's not 100% perfect but it works fine. I did order the Axis Elite for my G45 with the APLc because I'm adding an optic to the G45 and wanted the extra distance between the optic and the extra mag.

CZ P10c should fit in a Gen 2-4 glock 19 holster.

FYI, the P10C and G19 holsters are pretty close. I run my G19/G45 in a Tier 1 axis slim for a P10c with an APLc. Works as it should. It's not 100% perfect but it works fine. I did order the Axis Elite for my G45 with the APLc because I'm adding an optic to the G45 and wanted the extra distance between the optic and the extra mag.

Good point! I’d be running the aplc too. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that. It may mess with my OCD not having a gun specific holster though...

Back
Top Bottom