• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fake gold and silver all over the place

Fakes are everywhere, even on ODT. I got some fake silver eagles here in trade. That ended interest in PMs, not worth having to pay for an assay of every coin I buy.

I traded with five different members before I found out, and by then the coins were comingled, else I would have contacted the SS.

I don't understand... all of my fake 2013 Canadian $5 silver maple pieces are very magnetic. Who knew??????????
Yes, those are magnets holding on through the plastic display cases. I bought these off eBay to try and stop a scam. A seller was advertising them as real silver and I knew they were fake. I purchased, had them shipped (from China), somehow made it through customs (as flashlight bulbs), then contacted eBay. They didn't care, but I got a full refund and a collection of fake coins. To the untrained eye, these could probably pass for the real deal. I don't know about the slide test but they are strongly magnetic.

FakeSilverCoins.jpg

I don't understand... all of my fake 2013 Canadian $5 silver maple pieces are very magnetic. Who knew??????????
Yes, those are magnets holding on through the plastic display cases. I bought these off eBay to try and stop a scam. A seller was advertising them as real silver and I knew they were fake. I purchased, had them shipped (from China), somehow made it through customs (as flashlight bulbs), then contacted eBay. They didn't care, but I got a full refund and a collection of fake coins. To the untrained eye, these could probably pass for the real deal. I don't know about the slide test but they are strongly magnetic.

View attachment 2074145
They definitely would act differently with real coins on the slide. Probably just stop and stick when silver slides down slowly.

View attachment 2074145
How much for 1 of those?

I need some fakes for education purposes

Back
Top Bottom