• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite knife for field dressing game

image.jpgCold Steel Master Hunter with gut hook, Bark River Canadian 3V

I use a fluorescent orange handled Cutco fixed blade "hunter" knife with the serrated d-ring blade.

It's the sharpest knife I've ever used and wished I found one years ago.

Mine did not come with the gut hook but the year after I bought mine they came out with one.

I bought orange because I left a good knife in the woods once because I didn't see it on the ground when I packed up and dragged my deer out.

This knife is so sharp just the weight of the blade will lay a deer open....be careful.

I had this knife. Gave it to a buddy who coveted it. He would hold that knife and stare at it like it was a diamond. It was an absolute cutting machine. I need to order another one.

I had this knife. Gave it to a buddy who coveted it. He would hold that knife and stare at it like it was a diamond. It was an absolute cutting machine. I need to order another one.

He stared at it because he respected that sucker..LOL.......I find myself doing the same thing from time to time.....especially before I go in to cut the throat out just to make sure I have that sucker pointed in the right direction.

Used a set like these for years. Once I'm done quartering and the meat has been on ice for a week a fillet knife is all I will use at that point.

Marvin Poole (from GA) handmade. He is a master. I used the Red Stag on the bottom for about 15 years. Gutted and skinned at least 50 deer with it and have never even sharpened it. It is still like a razor. I retired it a couple years ago and have been using a handmade a friend made for me. Knives like these make gutting a deer so easy it is ridiculous. Not the best picture but you get the idea. The Ram horn on top is a Marvin Poole also. I've never used it and never will. Also like a razor, or even sharper.

Picture%20415.jpg

Back
Top Bottom