• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Field dressing deer

A metric **** ton early in life. Bought a place maybe a few here and there. Probably the best processor IMO is about 6 miles away. Makes great breakfast sausage, summer sausage, loins and cubes in Vacuum seals.

They get pissed if you gut them you introduce hair in their process.

Taken deer for 17 years to them
Riddle I’ll?

I’ve hunted over 40 years and killed a freaking pile of deer in that time. Now of all these deer which would easily be 200 I have only field dressed probably 12 - 15 and 8 - 10 of those have been done the last 2 seasons. Do you field dress yours?
nope ! most elite processors do not want them open up! been 10 years since i have opened one up!

I’ve hunted over 40 years and killed a freaking pile of deer in that time. Now of all these deer which would easily be 200 I have only field dressed probably 12 - 15 and 8 - 10 of those have been done the last 2 seasons. Do you field dress yours?
I field dress and break down the meat on the ground. Backpack everything out and take that to my butcher for final processing. I've experimented with portable gambrel setups, but I always end up back on the ground. If I could get a vehicle in where I hunt, I would haul the deer out and hang it, but the landowner doesn't allow vehicles on his property.

We have a nice shed it just gets in the way of my bourbon cocktails!
When I shoot a doe I get down load on buggy with a winch the earlier the better stop by cabin fix bourbon and head to skinnin shed have guts hauled off by dark if lucky.i very seldom shoot 2 in one sitting.i like killing them every time I go instead of a one time bang.my last Big Bang was a 7 in one afternoon.that was to much work.

When I shoot a doe I get down load on buggy with a winch the earlier the better stop by cabin fix bourbon and head to skinnin shed have guts hauled off by dark if lucky.i very seldom shoot 2 in one sitting.i like killing them every time I go instead of a one time bang.my last Big Bang was a 7 in one afternoon.that was to much work.
Damn fix a bourbon..? just take the whole bottle down to the skinning shed!

Back
Top Bottom