• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite Lure for Bass?

Culprit Red Shad worm and pumpkin seed Zoom lizard with the tail dyed either red or chartreuse are in a tie for my favorite. I'll sling a spinnerbait or Rapala stick bait for a few mins but if nothing hits the worms come out. Got more confidence in those worm combos than anything else in my box.

Nick T

red shad is my secret color lol!! I think I have every size culprit makes in red shad haha! pretty much same thing I do to when I get to a spot. ill fan cast a hard bait/spinnerbait and if nothing takes after about 10-20 casts my worm rod comes out.

red shad is my secret color lol!! I think I have every size culprit makes in red shad haha! pretty much same thing I do to when I get to a spot. ill fan cast a hard bait/spinnerbait and if nothing takes after about 10-20 casts my worm rod comes out.

Sounds right to me. One pond I fish I'll outcatch my partner 4:1 with the red shad, pisses him off royally but he won't buy any for some reason, and I keep them under my seat so they're not accessible. On those tough days that they just refuse to hit try a Carolina rigged lizard with the garlic tail dip, that dip can save a trip for ya, and if they taste it they can't help but inhale.

Nick T

Sounds right to me. One pond I fish I'll outcatch my partner 4:1 with the red shad, pisses him off royally but he won't buy any for some reason, and I keep them under my seat so they're not accessible. On those tough days that they just refuse to hit try a Carolina rigged lizard with the garlic tail dip, that dip can save a trip for ya, and if they taste it they can't help but inhale.

Nick T

yeppers, my favorite small pond is the 4 inch red shad culprit, 2/0 wide gap hook, run weightless just twitching it ever so slowly under the surface. murders them!

lizard skipping across the top? hmmmmm im gonna have to try that out! that's another reason I started this thread, find out new ways to fish old lures!

yep. hit youtube and watch some videos of various critters when they swim. mice, frogs, lizards, crawfish, heck even birds. pay attention to the ways they move and then go practice.

also, sometimes you can have good luck working a tassle tail worm the same way if they are striking as a reaction instead of feeding.

Last edited:
My usual go to is a 6" Junebug Zoom lizard Texas rigged on 3/0 hook with about 1/8oz weight. I outfished my uncle so bad one day, he almost threw his entire tackle box overboard.

Another option for shallow areas or when fish are biting near the surface, is to use a medium sized, floating Rapala. Let it sit on surface for a few seconds, then jerk so that it dives 3-5 feet and let it float back to surface.

I used a 3.5 inch one that looked about like this one.
i57.tinypic.com_2u73pdw.jpg

i got my Senkos in the mail on Friday.......OH MAN I NEED TO GO FISHING!!!! lol. love that chartreuse shad color!! hopefully I can fit it in next week with all the moving fun me and the gf are working on. (trying to find a decent place, and furniture lol).

I went Friday morning and tried out wacky style for the 1st (serious) time. got 5 hits and boated 4 fish, not bad lol. using a laminate baby bass/white senko. cant wait to try my new ones wacky style out there now. always heard it was good, but never really tried it. as much as those chartreuse shad senkos caught fish there rigged standard, I should wear em out hardcore wacky style lol! hopefully anyways!

Back
Top Bottom