• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite Press?

1) Dillon 1050 (not the XL650, totally NOT the 550, and not the SDB)
2) Hornady L-N-L AP
3) Forster Co-Ax
4) Lee Reloading Press (about $300

I've had a RCBS Rock Chucker and several other single stage presses; still have Lee's cheapest model for specialty work.
However, the Lee Classic Turret (cast iron) 4-hole press is my absolute favorite for the reasons cited by others above.
I have a Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Progressive press as well that I use to "crank-out" plinking pistol and .223 loads
that have already been "processed" (de-primed, re-sized, trimmed, and primed) as the weakness in any progressive
press system is the priming step. Why? Typically ANY form of powder spillage will "gum up" the primer shuttle and screw-up
the "timing" of the process. So, I make a couple or three press runs with just the dies that I want installed. "YES", it takes longer
but then it does meet my standards, which I will not compromise!

​Excellent post! I couldn't agree more.

Dillon and RCBS have fantastic customer service. Lee's half price replacement policy left me feeling a little ripped off. I load handgun on a Dillon 1050 and it's been one the best investments I've ever made. My number two press is a Dillon 550, which has been in use for decades.

My only press is the Hornady Lock n Load Auto Progressive. It's done everything I've asked of it and with precision. It simply makes great ammo. Using it to make 9mm, .40, .45, .223, .308, .300 Blackout, and 30-30.

If I were to buy a single stage, it would be the Forster Co-Ax.

If I were to buy a turret, it would be the Redding T-7.

Back
Top Bottom