• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fawn and poult killer down!

Two more came through the other night.
Hoping to cross paths with them real soon!
E62FF087-C661-490A-9133-5F85C480CA94.jpeg
8E98FB81-F47C-438D-B73D-806BF1F1448D.jpeg

Attachments

• 547D3BB2-31B6-4F0B-995B-E1FD59C43161.jpeg
    547D3BB2-31B6-4F0B-995B-E1FD59C43161.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 3
I got set up just before the rain started this morning, in hopes of killing some of the coyotes that have been frequenting one of the places that I hunt.
Visibility from my ladderstand stand was poor due to all of the new foliage, so I set up on the ground.
I was using a Foxpro Hammerjack 2 with the Foxjack decoy and had the call set to Eastern Cottontail distress.
This coyote came running in within the first minute of my first calling sequence.
It saw the decoy moving and paused as it was circling downwind. I was able to make the shot and put an end to her fawn and poult killing days!
I’ve killed plenty of coyotes while deer and turkey hunting, but this was the first coyote that I have actually called in while using predator calls! It was alot of fun! If you havent tried it, you need to. It will ensure that you have more game to pursue in the coming seasons and may even save some domestic animals.
View attachment 5729808View attachment 5729809
View attachment 5729855
nite nite!😴

Honest question....can you eat coyote?

Yeah ill give you a solid recipe. Take the straps and debone a hind quarter. Take cedar or oak planks and soak them for a few hours. Slow roast it for about 6 hours and keep the planks from burning. When it looks done, throw away the coyote and eat the planks.

In all honesty, ive seen some folks on youtube cook them and they said it tasted like trash.

I'd eat one if I absolutely have to but I got some extra weight I'd let go before doing it.

Yeah ill give you a solid recipe. Take the straps and debone a hind quarter. Take cedar or oak planks and soak them for a few hours. Slow roast it for about 6 hours and keep the planks from burning. When it looks done, throw away the coyote and eat the planks.
You got me. Well played. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom