• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feds trying to force Apple to unlock Iphones!

I normally don't agree with the government on decisions like this, but on this one I can see their side of the argument. Apple and the media are missing a big point in the request for the information. The feds want Apple to unlock the phone and return it to them so they can obtain the info inside. They ARE NOT requesting a MEANS to do this on this phone or on any other phone or the software to do it in the future. This ability remains with Apple. The feds want the info in the phone, not the way to get it themselves. Apple unlocks the phone or turns off the erase feature when wrong passwords are used, and the feds still have to break the password to get into the phone.

They obtained a search warrant and aren't doing anything they don't do everyday to your other phone companies, banks, hospitals, etc. The constitution requires a search warrant and they have that. Apple doesn't want to admit they can hack their phones, because it will cost them money from people that use them to hide things.

Think of this hypothetical: Your wife and kids are home without you when a home invasion occurs. No witnesses, no evidence. Except, the attacker dropped his iPhone. But, it's locked and you have no other way to know who attacked your family. Would you still say LE/Government had no right to see what is in that phone?

Yes. Because every power and tool we give the Government to be used on "bad guys" can be just as easily be used on you and I.

Do you really think that the NSA, or the Chinese, or the Russians, or international hackers aren't going to get a hold of this tool, or reverse engineer it after Apple installs the "lock" for the backdoor into their OS this is demanding that they do?

Mmmm did you know that a cellphone can be bugged ?

Bugged? That's cute. It can be completely hyjacked so that not only can the hacker gain access to your camera and mic, all of your data, they can also watch and record everything you do/enter into it.

Apple is not holding back anything from the gov. What the gov is asking for, Apple does not have. They are essentially forcing Apple to develop a product that does not exist. It's as if the Feds are forcing Apple to create and develop an antidote for a poison which Apple created, except in this case that poison happens to be our private data. Apple intentionally did not create the antidote and I support their stance not to do so. We all should. Well, unless of course you're one of those "real" patriots.

I normally don't agree with the government on decisions like this, but on this one I can see their side of the argument. Apple and the media are missing a big point in the request for the information. The feds want Apple to unlock the phone and return it to them so they can obtain the info inside. They ARE NOT requesting a MEANS to do this on this phone or on any other phone or the software to do it in the future. This ability remains with Apple. The feds want the info in the phone, not the way to get it themselves. Apple unlocks the phone or turns off the erase feature when wrong passwords are used, and the feds still have to break the password to get into the phone.

They obtained a search warrant and aren't doing anything they don't do everyday to your other phone companies, banks, hospitals, etc. The constitution requires a search warrant and they have that. Apple doesn't want to admit they can hack their phones, because it will cost them money from people that use them to hide things.

Think of this hypothetical: Your wife and kids are home without you when a home invasion occurs. No witnesses, no evidence. Except, the attacker dropped his iPhone. But, it's locked and you have no other way to know who attacked your family. Would you still say LE/Government had no right to see what is in that phone?

You can easily tie the phone to someone without unlocking it. SIM, IMIE, serial# are all obtainable without hacking it. But that is beside the point. If you needed to hack the phone, you'd be SOL.

Yes. Because every power and tool we give the Government to be used on "bad guys" can be just as easily be used on you and I.

Do you really think that the NSA, or the Chinese, or the Russians, or international hackers aren't going to get a hold of this tool, or reverse engineer it after Apple installs the "lock" for the backdoor into their OS this is demanding that they do?

Bugged? That's cute. It can be completely hyjacked so that not only can the hacker gain access to your camera and mic, all of your data, they can also watch and record everything you do/enter into it.
Yep that's what we did at the Miami airport to catch them darn drug dealers....I work for the Death Star..... AT&T............ please don't hold that against me !!!!

So now the Feds are trying to force Apple to create a backdoor to an IPhone recovered from the San Bernardino terrorist massacre site.
They claim that it would only be used once. just to open that one..... HAHAHA! Right!
When have the Feds EVER used anything whether it be funding or technology for what it was intended? And I guess the larger question is or at least should be.... have the Feds EVER intentionally or unintentionally allowed classified information to be leaked out of the system? (obviously not limited to just Hillary's illegal actions).
At best we could only assume that they would cover up any such leak that would beyond any reasonable doubt happen.
In any event, if the higher "liberal" courts can, they will try to force Apple. It's definitely time to bring ALL to the table on this one. All Representatives, Senators and Congressmen. Because if allowed, the Feds will open Pandora's box against or personal security on a level never seen before!

Here is an excerpt from the " Apple Customer letter" (you can read the whole thing by clicking the link at end. Thanks for taking time to read this. please be active and GET INVOLVED!)

"The government is asking Apple to hack our own users and undermine decades of security advancements that protect our customers — including tens of millions of American citizens — from sophisticated hackers and cybercriminals. The same engineers who built strong encryption into the iPhone to protect our users would, ironically, be ordered to weaken those protections and make our users less safe."
http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/
Hell, they ain't asking for it to be unlocked, they want the password to get into every IPhone!

You can easily tie the phone to someone without unlocking it. SIM, IMIE, serial# are all obtainable without hacking it. But that is beside the point. If you needed to hack the phone, you'd be SOL.

Prepaid phones won't give you crap. Thugs like to take selfies and other photos or contacts that can lead you to the real owner of the phone or GPS locations if they have it on their photos......

Back
Top Bottom