• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feinstein's proposed legislation

So I see that the bill doesn't mean they'll take them away. BUT it says that background checks must be performed when transferring grandfathered devices. It looks as though the magazines are specifically excluded from that though. So the mags can't be sold or transferred?

What if my mags became property of my trust? I could grant them access to my children correct?

This is what Casey Cagle Replied back to me concerning this.....

"Dear ############,

Thank you for taking the time to write me to voice yourconcerns with our Second Amendment rights.

As a gun owner and avid sportsman, I support protectingAmerican’s right to carry. The Second Amendment clearly guarantees anindividual’s right to self-defense and I am proud that Georgia has establisheda legal structure that continues to protect this right.

There has been a lot of recent discussion regarding guncontrol from our Federal Senators and Representatives in Washington DC. As Lieutenant Governor, legislation from our United States Congress fallsoutside of my jurisdiction. I urge you to contact your federally electedSenator and Congressman as they are in a good position to hear your concerns aswell.

As we approach the 2013 session here in Georgia, Iappreciate your interest in this issue and will be sure this issue gets theappropriate attention from the State Senate. Please feel free to contact me inthe future if you are in need of further assistance.
Sincerely,

Casey Cagle
Lt. Governor of Georgia

If it passes (and I'd bet the farm it will not), then looks like the Gun Trust business is going to pick up dramatically - - folks will use a trust to eliminate the transfter issues just as it is being done now with Class III/NFA firearms.

Reading the version on the NRA-ILA page, it seems to me that even the .22 Chipmunk, Cricket, etc will also be included on the ban list inasmuch as they are rimfire rifles having overall length of less than 30". Wow!

EDIT: Just checked Chipmunk website - models measure 30.5" and 31" overall length, so I guess my kid won't be facing jail time.

Last edited:
It's worth noting that several key Democrats are OPPOSING the bill. Anyway that list doesn't mean squat, the list of "naughty features" would describe each of these firearms and many others not on the list. This is just some interns busy work that has gotten carried over to AWB II.

Awesome! I'm sure some turn coat Republicans will consider concessions as it's the polite thing to do. Who are the Democrats? I want to send them a thank you for not leaning toward a party line vote and ignoring the party planks.

Back
Top Bottom