• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally had my AD

cali201

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
153   0
Reaction score
Well after 50+ years of firearms handling I finally had my AD (everyone will have one some day). I very rarely carry a gun in my backyard but last night when I was bringing in 2 birdfeeders there were 2 strange bears I have never seen ( we have bears all day long but you get to know them). So I took my PMR30 with me which was handy at the time. I had tossed the bird feeders (converted chicken feeders) up over the wall (they are on the other side of a retaining wall). Went to pick them up, PMR 30 in hand, and somehow one of the wood dowels sticking out of it caught the trigger and BOOM! Though and through....and through and through, both legs. Walked into the screened in porch, put pressure on all 4 holes while the wife called 911. Most blood I have ever seen anywhere!! Even though I ended up walking up the stairs so the EMTs did not have to carry me the made by go to Kennestone via air lift (helicopter) as they said there is no trauma center up here. Shot at 9pm and home at 230am. On the plus side the PMR 30 has a light trigger pull!!! And a safety which will always be on from now on lol. Off to by a lottery ticket later.
358149708_23945149398401755_9139383587213543533_n.jpg

I hope you don't get inundated with condescending remarks from all the "pros" on this site.

What's done is done. Anybody chiming in with their 2 cents as to what you should or shouldn't have done is irrelevant. They ain't gonna say anything that you haven't already said to yourself over and over by now, I'm sure.

I appreciate you being willing to share this experience and give us all a reminder to never be complacent when handling firearms. No matter how long it's been a part of our life. I've yet to have an AD and/or ND (I don't care what you prefer to call it) but again, thank you for reminding us how quickly things can go wrong.

Glad it wasn't more serious and that you are on mend.

Well after 50+ years of firearms handling I finally had my AD (everyone will have one some day). I very rarely carry a gun in my backyard but last night when I was bringing in 2 birdfeeders there were 2 strange bears I have never seen ( we have bears all day long but you get to know them). So I took my PMR30 with me which was handy at the time. I had tossed the bird feeders (converted chicken feeders) up over the wall (they are on the other side of a retaining wall). Went to pick them up, PMR 30 in hand, and somehow one of the wood dowels sticking out of it caught the trigger and BOOM! Though and through....and through and through, both legs. Walked into the screened in porch, put pressure on all 4 holes while the wife called 911. Most blood I have ever seen anywhere!! Even though I ended up walking up the stairs so the EMTs did not have to carry me the made by go to Kennestone via air lift (helicopter) as they said there is no trauma center up here. Shot at 9pm and home at 230am. On the plus side the PMR 30 has a light trigger pull!!! And a safety which will always be on from now on lol. Off to by a lottery ticket later.
358149708_23945149398401755_9139383587213543533_n.jpg
At least you survived to learn your lesson. Cheers man.

Me personally I've had 3 AD/NDs . Shot a stove a fridge and roof. All three of them were while consuming alcohol.

On the last one I finally learned my lesson and put down the guns when I pick up the booze.

I see CT angiogram studies of lower extremities from gunshot wounds all the time. Sounds like you missed all the main arteries of which there are three down to the foot. If you notice significant loss of sensation for a prolonged period of time or discoloration make sure to follow up with docs to make sure there is no dissection or clot. Glad you are ok. Holster up partner!

Back
Top Bottom