• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finally I truck under $40000

Would you...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, all the electrics can catch fire, but then again so do gas cars. In fact gas cars seem to be about 10x more likely to catch fire than an EV based on current NHTSA stats (based on # of fires per billion miles driven).
I'm starting to suspect you might be a Tesla owner. " Not that there's anything wrong with that." :becky:

oh ...! wait ... ! h&k has a truck gun for it already ! .......

rifle-square-1-1552502444.jpg

That being said, a lot of people thought the Humvee was too ugly to sell, yet they went like hotcakes. This truck has that same kind of minimal, military styling. I'm guessing a lot more ODT-ers will end up one than people who comment about it on HuffPo.

I'd say Humvees were popular due to being seen in Desert Shield & Storm. Not sure Tesla has gotten that same type of tough publicity. They have more of a "Starbucks at the mall" image.

I'd say Humvees were popular due to being seen in Desert Shield & Storm. Not sure Tesla has gotten that same type of tough publicity. They have more of a "Starbucks at the mall" image.

Actually, everyone I know with a Tesla is a computer nerd. No malls, although the Starbucks is fair... although isn't Starbucks a popular 'gun guy' place too? I know it used to be.

I just saw that they had 146,000 deposits on the truck. Doesn't mean a lot since they are only a couple of hundred bucks, fully refundable and not due for another year or so. But that being said, there is definitely a fair amount of interest. I guess we'll see who actually buys them in 2021 when they start shipping.

I just saw that they had 146,000 deposits on the truck. Doesn't mean a lot since they are only a couple of hundred bucks, fully refundable and not due for another year or so. But that being said, there is definitely a fair amount of interest. I guess we'll see who actually buys them in 2021 when they start shipping.

Yeah a lot of those people just want to have the newest thing that's different. Some are probably gambling they can flip their spot in line later on for more money!

I still think the actual production model will look less...goofy.

I'm thinking that as well, although Tesla is kind of like the early Ford in that the founder is right there, telling you what to do.

If you saw any of the presentation you probably saw his 'review' of pickups over the last hundred years or so... making the point that pickups haven;t really changed over all that time.

Some of the features on this truck make a lot of sense. Some of them seem to be differences for the sake of being different. We'll see what comes out in 2021, but I'm guessing he will keep it pretty much as-is.

Back
Top Bottom