• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fingerprint Cards. Type or Print?

BenKenobi2

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
103   1
Reaction score
For those who have submitted NFA paperwork, do you remember if the information needed on the fingerprint card was handwritten or typed-in via fingerprint machine. I did my prints today at the local sheriffs office. They had some issues and I lost confidence in the deputy's ability to do their job. Last year I submitted a form 4 for a suppressor and do not remember most of my fingerprint card being handwritten out. I asked the deputy if they could type in the boxes and she said she couldn't then gave me attitude. She said I should be able to write by hand in the info as long as she signs off on it. I do not want to wait 7+ months to find out that my fingerprint card was done incorrectly. For those who have done this before, please let me know what is allowed and what isn't.

Also for "reasons fingerprinted" what did you guys put? I can't remember exactly what I did lol.

As far as all the information on the card each precinct kind of does it differently. It’s not going to make or break if you hand write or type in the blocks. The information that’s probably the most prudent is obviously your information name, etc. as far as reasons for print and stuff I never fill those out or care the prints I believe are more scrutinized for print quality (which helps with electronic printing) than the small info. I’ve seen about 6 different finger print card information and all those stamps have approved. I don’t think the little blocks for the data matter as much as we think. I’d contact BATFE via their NFA hotline, they pick up every time, and ask them what they’d want to see. Rest assured they’ll give you different answers per different representatives, but may make you feel better (or not)

Personally as long as my actual prints are clear and good, and my name, address and personal information are correct, I don’t care about the other codes.

My personal experience is 9 tax stamps, probably 4 different versions of print cards, all approved.

This is my opinion and not written in stone, I transfer NFA items at work and see some odd stuff. If there are any errors it’s not a huge deal man they work with you fast and corrections are virtually painless in comparison to the rest of the process

Good luck!

We've had cards with printed info and cards with handwritten info both be accepted. Rumors abound that a colleague had cards accepted for the reason being "because chicks dig it" but typically we put down "NFA transfer"

Back
Top Bottom