• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearm of choice opening day 10/22/16

My Dad gave me this BAR .270 for Christmas when I was 14. I thought it was the greatest day of my life. For the 28th year in a row, this awesome rifle will be ready to go!

View attachment 940264

Awesome rifle.
I was lucky enough to be a part of my buddy taking two warring bucks and the doe they were after with his identical rifle as yours a couple years ago.
I took the crossbow out today and did not hear one gunshot all day.
I'm going to an archery only
Spot this evening while everyone else is shooting rifles.
Had the whole place To myself last year...hope it's the same this time.
My buddy and I hope to bag at least one this evening.

Reactions: MRH
Oh yeah you can stack 'em like cord wood with a BAR.

I didn't see anything this morning. I hunted until 1pm. Oh well, I tried. I'll be back down there on wednesday.

Didn't get to go today, but will sometime this week.

My go to rifle is a modified Browning A-Bolt SS is 300 WSM. I've lost track of how many big game animals I've take with it.
300wsm.jpg

For long range I'll use my Red Hawk Rem 700 in 308.
308.jpg

For up-close and personal when I want to be vewy vewy quiet, I'll us my 300 Black Out shooting Noveske (Nosler round-nose Ballistic Tips) subsonic.
300bk.jpg

Took the 700 mountain rifle in 30-06 this morning. Saw deer from 8:30 until around 12. Saw a good buck but no shot, did shoot some phone video of a doe about 10yrds. From the blind though. They were moving all morning on our lease in Meriwhether.

The last coupla years I used my father's Marlin 30-30. My son will use it this year. I used my Springfield M1A in 308. I was hoping for Bobo the eight pointer, but woulda settled for the coyotes or the huge... HUGE... Boar we call Tusk.

Hopefully, in the next coupla days... Even a bad day in the woods beats a good day at work.

Back
Top Bottom