• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms finish and where to have it done in Ga.

Thanks for the mention buddy but we are so backed up in contract work that I haven't been able to take in additional Cerakote for the last 8 months or so. If things continue to go well I may not for a long time.

On the one hand, I hate that I have been having to turn away work from the customers who started my business. On the other hand, I have been blessed with opportunities that let my business continue to grow and I am too grateful to let them get away.

Well.. Get your A** back to work and get off the computer.

Well.. Get your A** back to work and get off the computer.
Thats kind of part of it too. I don't really "work" so much anymore as I get fatter behind a desk these days. Quasi success is a little more stressful than you'd think. I'm all emails and telephones now. I do not do much of any work with my hands any more. I miss it tremendously but that is no longer my job.

The extent of my machine work these days is; I set up a machine for a job when a new project comes along, supervise it closely for a day or so until things are right, and then try to find more work.

Hell, I even have an ultra awesome assistant now that keeps my calendar and answers the phone for me. I'm trying to lay low for the next two weeks because she went on duty (Air Force Reserve) and I'm not 100% on how we file everything now. She left me sticky notes in weird places in case I go looking with directions on how to find what Im looking for.

Thats kind of part of it too. I don't really "work" so much anymore as I get fatter behind a desk these days. Quasi success is a little more stressful than you'd think. I'm all emails and telephones now. I do not do much of any work with my hands any more. I miss it tremendously but that is no longer my job.

The extent of my machine work these days is; I set up a machine for a job when a new project comes along, supervise it closely for a day or so until things are right, and then try to find more work.

Hell, I even have an ultra awesome assistant now that keeps my calendar and answers the phone for me. I'm trying to lay low for the next two weeks because she went on duty (Air Force Reserve) and I'm not 100% on how we file everything now. She left me sticky notes in weird places in case I go looking with directions on how to find what Im looking for.

Be very careful. Sticky notes can leave nasty paper cuts to now tender hands. Lol

Nickel Boron or Electoless Nickel is a much more durable finish in my opinion. Cerakote is nothing more than paint which will chip and wear pretty quick if you use and carry pack
your firearm all of the time. I guess I'm just and old school guy who has learned through experience that a chemical or electrically applied finish has worked much better for me throughout
my 58 years.
He wanted gray and subtle. Those are neither

Back
Top Bottom