• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms finish and where to have it done in Ga.

If they are not excepting outside work then they got legit over the last couple of years. I remember calling them about cutting a barrel down and re-threading it. That wasn't that long ago. Good for them. I love to see people get successful and pretty quick at that. Off topic but I needed to say that.

Nickel Boron is about as grey as it gets and very durable. Look at the NIB Glocks. As I stated earlier Cerakote is still paint!
I will agree here. Not only is it nearly indestrucatble it is a natural lubricant so the slide to frame contact would hardly ever wear. You would never have to worry about scratches,dings or anything of that nature. However it is a bit pricey but well worth the investment.

It is bright silver. Subtle is a no go then. However I like a black and silver contrast. Just looks good to me. I have an all black Remington R1 6 in. 1911 in 10mm and I am using Stainless Bullet Proof Wilson Combat parts on the exterior for the contrast. Trigger, slide catch, ambi safty, hammer, flared magwell. It's just classes it up a bit. like my S&W 1911 I am putting a Stainless flared magwell on this gun. It has black and the the grey insert grip panel. It's getting a Wilson combat Stainless Magwell. I think the OP is thinking something in the lines of the grey insert grip panel.
20170512_171452(1).jpg

UTC coatings in Florida. If you are just doing the slide it's not a seriel numbered part. You can just ship it to them and they will coat it and send it back. They advertise firearms for it's lubricity effects. I wouldn't think it would take that long on turn around time and they are close shipping wise. I would give them a call.

UTC coatings in Florida. If you are just doing the slide it's not a seriel numbered part. You can just ship it to them and they will coat it and send it back. They advertise firearms for it's lubricity effects. I wouldn't think it would take that long on turn around time and they are close shipping wise. I would give them a call.

Have you ever had them coat anything? They don't look like the type of operation that would take in a single slide. If so that would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom