• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For all you game system gamers out there. Which is best in life?

Which is better and why

• PS4

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • XBOX 1

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PS4 here but that's all I've played since Nintendo. Had a Xbox when the original came out just to play Halo, but the controller sucked and PS4 took the lead with better games imo.

Voted PS4, cause it has better hardware, better software, better graphics, and I think it’s just better built, and some really nice exclusives (Xbox does too, but I think playstion has a slight edge here) most games are cross platform, so this isn’t really an issue. The controllers are pretty similar, but the Xbox is more comfortable and natural. I run my Xbox one as my living room media center, and it works fine. My 2 and 3 year old kids can even turn it on and start Netflix (when we let them). Xbox pretty much owns the online gaming, but since PlayStation started charging I think theirs is getting better.

That is the downside of PC... it's much more adaptable, but that means more money and more time spent on it than a self-contained console.

yup it can also become a bit more of an addiction when it comes to modding. when i first started into pc gaming i had a fairly budget friendly build . . . . now my damn video card costs more than any console lol much less everything else.

if they want to play with friends online (im guessing fortnite lol) Xbox has wayyyyy better communication. throw headsets on and go. but on the downside...random games online mean random people they are talking to...so beware. and you have to pay for the xbox online service thing to even go online.

if its gonna be in the living room and you want to use it to watch movies also, PS4. since it plays bluerays. communication between players is pretty much nonexistent on ps4 though. but free to play online. they have a pay option, but its mainly for free demos and sometimes they off a free full game download. not mandatory like xbox.

if they actually enjoy playing games...get a PC. more mods, more options, more upgrades. PC is master gaming race.

Warning but, the days of free online play for Sony consoles has lost past. In regards to PS PLUS, it’s mandatory to play online. There are far more players online for PS4 than XBOX this generation. It is true that you may not want your kids playing online. Not sure how you figure communication being non-existent. The XBOX 360 was the best console in regards to online play. However, those days are in the past. This comes from a guy that has 3 XB 1’s in the house.

PS4 is for girls.
XBox is for boys.

10379779-670C-405E-9843-82261F91B7AA.jpeg

I gave up gaming (PC, Play station) almost two decades ago because of my addictive personality. I had to play until I beat it, and then they start making games that never really end.

Now I'm looking to get one for my kids (5, 3) because they like interactive games that they watch on youtube like Just Dance. Any suggestions for a gaming console that involve movement? I remember the Wii was a thing for a while but I'm sure there is something better by now.

The Wii really was pretty slick at that kind of game. I'd bet you could find them pretty cheap on the used market. No idea what would have taken that niche though.

That is the downside of PC... it's much more adaptable, but that means more money and more time spent on it than a self-contained console.
But you need a good computer for school work, college, life/etc nowadays anyhow. Gaming rigs work great for everyday tasks too.

Back
Top Bottom