• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 SBR

N.Ga.Trader

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
197   0
Reaction score
Considering form 1ing an ak style pistol. I would like to be able to mount a fixed stock. I'm assuming the rear trunion would have to be swapped? Also, this would be my first stamp, any pointers to get it done?

As someone who did a form 1 SBR AK that included trunion work, I will say, don't. It's not worth the effort and expense. I would consider doing one if it didn't require swapping or drilling too much of the trunion, but to be honest, my AK SBR is one of the only NFA items I have ever sold as I was just not that impressed with it.

There is a reason most gunsmiths won't work on AK trunions.

Good information, I didn't realize that it would be that hard to find someone to do the work.

there are a few around. I would certainly line up the work and know exactly what everything is going to cost BEFORE submitting a form 1. I don't really know who still works on them anymore, been a minute for me.

You have two options for that particular one:
1. Swap the rear trunnion
2. Drill the back and mount a picatinny adapter
Option 2 you can probably pull off at home and then you can add a number of stocks to your liking. If you mess it up, go option 1. nitrexman nitrexman can do the work. So can Hood886 Hood886 and firearmstrainingacademy firearmstrainingacademy

My suggestion is eFile something that’s easy to change up, like an AR or 10/22 for your first. NFA is a lifetime purchase to me since it’s annoying to sell and usually not worth it, but being able to rebuild whatever you have as your mood/need changes is nice.

I did my first lower like 15 years ago and it’s damn sure not currently how I built it then.

Back
Top Bottom