• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 SBR

Not trying to hijack thread but one question I have concerning the Form 1 process is does my lower have to go to jail while I wait on the tax stamp?
no. It can be in whatever legal configurations it was without the stamp when it was transferred to you.

so if it started as a lower, it can be a pistol or rifle
if it started as a pistol, can be that or a rifle.
if it started as a rifle, it can stay a rifle.

I've considered going with an Ace triangle stock and side folding mount if I decide to do a form 1. Would just have to drill and tap two holes in the existing trunion.. I'll probably wait and see what the new rules on braces are first.

Like this....

Screenshot_20230104-075420_DuckDuckGo.jpg

You dont have to drill. There are under grip mounts for buffertubes/pic rails available for AKs. To do it right, you need to swap the rear trunion, which will prove to be crazy expensive considering parts availability and labor.

It's not a big deal to switch a trunnion but it's time consuming and many times a hole needs to be welded up which also means some sort of refinishing typically needs to be done. Not always the case but most times the replacement trunnion doesn't match the current trunnion holes.

You've got lots of options and certainly don't have to replace the rear trunnion. Honestly I think your better off buying another AK the way you want it and form 1 it.

Agreed, sell what you have and buy one in the config you want. Swapping trunnions is going to get expensive. Personally, I hate the way under-grip adapters look but, if you don't mind it, it's a very easy install. Drilling the trunnion is easy too and looks better, imo. But to each his own.

Post pics when you're done!

Back
Top Bottom