Fortress recalls 61,000 biometric gun safes - 12-year-old boy was able to access a firearm inside one and shot himself dead

batoncolle

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
35   0
Reaction score

"The nine models included in the recall are the Fortress Portable Safe with Biometric Lock (11B20); Fortress Personal Safe with Pop up door and Biometric Lock (44B10); Legend Range & Field Personal Safe with Pop up door and Biometric Lock (44B10L); Fortress Medium Personal Safe with Biometric Lock (44B20); Fortress Quick Access Safe with Biometric Lock (55B20); Fortress Large Quick Access Safe with Biometric Lock (55B30); Gettysburg Large Quick Access Safe with Biometric Lock (55B30G); Cabela’s 4 Gun Safe with Biometric Lock (4BGGBP); and Cabela’s Biometric Personal Safe (55B30BP)."

So sad, especially when you think your firearms are secure and something like this happens. Made in China and gun safes don't seem to mix well.

So sad, especially when you think your firearms are secure and something like this happens. Made in China and gun safes don't seem to mix well.
It's amazing the absolute garbage companies try (and do) get away with selling us "security". Check out the LockPickingLawyer's videos on youtube concerning gun locks/safes. While he might be one of the best lock pickers alive he can usually find multiple simple and laughable ways to defeat them with minimal or even no practical skills because of cost cutting, incompetent, and negligent designs. I particularly like how the vast majority of gun locks in police cruisers holding ar's/shotguns that cost $500+ can be defeated with just a magnet.

Sad. Good reason to make sure your kids are trained on firearms. I could assemble/disassemble rifles and pistols by the time I was 12. Not to mention knowing how to properly shoot and safely operate firearms. That is worth more than any gun safe and could have presented this tragedy. That is NOT victim blaming, but a reality. F$%! those horrible safe manufacturers

Back
Top Bottom