Found a Colt LE6920MP in stock at a decent price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trailrider

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
117   1
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a somewhat normally priced Colt 6920 for about a month now and finally found one in stock. I recently discovered Clyde Armory from other members talking about it on here. So I happened to be browsing their site earlier at work and low and behold they had some of these in stock on their website: http://clydearmory.com/colt-le6920mp-black.html

I immediately logged in and added it to my cart and went through the checkout process thinking it was too good to be true, like as soon as I hit checkout it would say sold out or something like that. Well it didn't and it processed my order. Within minutes I had an email from one of their sales reps confirming my order and asking for for FFL info. I had Howard's Pawn here in Macon fax over their FFL license and within minutes another email from the sales team at Clyde saying it was shipping out today.

I just checked the tracking number and it will be here tomorrow, via Fedex Saturday delivery. So I got the rifle for the advertised price on their website, plus $35 shipping, and $30 FFL transfer fee. I know not the best price in the world but for a Colt LE6920 in stock for less than what they're going for on here and on Gunbroker I couldn't be happier.

I will probably be refreshing my Fedex tracking info page all morning tomorrow until it gets there then hopefully have it in my hands on time to take it to the range tomorrow afternoon.:thumb:

Last edited:
Congrats! Someone else put up a post a short time ago saying he picked one up, too, while at the store today. That's a really decent price to be sure. I've been finding that things are hit-or-miss these days, better than it was but still requires you to be vigilant.

Yeah I was really shocked I was able to catch it while they had some in stock. I have been looking on there several times a day for a couple of weeks. Somebody had posted a few days ago that they'd had some in stock but by the time I checked they were gone. Today I got lucky. It was right before lunch time when I caught it today.

Well things didn't go exactly as planned with this purchase... Long rant ahead.

It arrived at Howards at noon today and I drove straight there to get it. Opened it, looked everything over and started my drooling. My happiness was short lived though because apparently Clyde Armory doesn't send a copy of their FFL to other FFL dealers, and Howard's won't transfer it without it.

So no I'm stuck in the middle here and don't know what to do. Both myself and the gun manager at Howards spoke to a few folks at Clyde's and nobody could come to agreement. Clyde's says they don't have to send their FFL copy, but Howard's says they've never accepted a transfer without one. I'm not expert on the law here but I know Clyde's has done a ton of online business and I tend to think they're correct. However they won't budge at Howards because they're unsure of that law and say they've never heard or done that before. We called around to other Macon gun shops and they won't do it either...

So after waiting about 2 hours, I left empty handed and am at the mercy of these two companies. I've purchased guns on Gunbroker and used Howards FFL many times and never have had an issue. However, the other dealer always sent a copy of their FFL so this is a first for me here.

Either way I'm pretty upset. I'm trying to arrange it being shipped back to Clyde from Howard's but I guess that will have to wait until Monday. I've called around other Macon area gun shops, and they too have never heard of shipping a gun without an FFL copy so they probably wouldn't accept a shipment from Clyde either. So unless I can figure something out I guess I'll have to return it, unless they'll let me pick it up in person which I'm not sure when I'll have time to do. Plus their website says that internet orders can't be picked up in person so who knows.

I guess this was all just too good to be true.

why cant clyde's just fax a copy of their ffl over? that would leave a bad taste in my mouth dealing with them

They are just being stubborn. Technically they don't have to but they should in this case. His LGS should transfer it to him anyway. Both companies are being stubborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom