• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Found a Colt LE6920MP in stock at a decent price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call Clyde's and tell them you're gonna dispute the charge on your credit card unless they take care of it.
I did already. They aren't too concerned it sounds like. He said that if it end up having to be sent back to them they'd refund my card. I honestly thought this would make them send the FFL but nope.
Ive done tons of transfers. Every single one has sent over a copy of their FFL. Sounds like clydes is being stupid.
That's what every local gun dealer in town has told me. I spent two hours trying to find somebody who would do it without their FFL on file and nobody around here will.
Could it be whoever answered the phone at Clyde's did know where their FFL is therefore he/she refused to fax a copy?
Nope, it's their policy. They won't send it to anybody. I should have read all the site FAQs and I could have avoided this whole thing.
Thinking about this made me think. Use the address off of the box it was shipped in, then use the ATF's easy ffl checker to get the ffl licence number and you are in business. The receiving ffl can then log it into his books with no problems.
Yeah that was something we talked about at Howards but they still weren't clear on the laws about needing a copy on file. They claim they've never done a transfer before in all their years of being in business without a copy of the other dealer's FFL.

Overall I've learned a lot from this experience. Always read all the rules and requirements before buying a firearm online! I've done plenty of Gunbroker transactions and they always send the transferring dealer's FFL to my local gun store. I've never heard of something like this happening before.

Send it to my FFl, I'll transfer it for free. My shop is in Marietta.

I appreciate the kind offer. I'll have to get back to you once I clear this up because it's still currently at my LGS until they send it back to Clyde. I don't think my LGS can send it to yours at this point since they technically haven't transferred it into their possession. Man this is confusing.

can't wait to find out what happens... i have a shipment on the way to Howard's this coming week

I'm sure it will be fine. I've done several transfers and bought plenty from them. This is the first issue I've ever had, and quite frankly it could have been quickly resolved if Clyde Armory would have just faxed a copy of their FFL down. From my understanding everybody else does. They're about the only dealer I've heard of that wont send their FFL to another dealer.

Call Clyde's from a different phone. Tell them you you want to buy a gun on the interwebs and have it shipped TO them and pick it up there, but you need a copy of their FFL to send to the seller. Have them email/fax you a copy of their FFL as though you are sending something TO them for an FFL inbound transfer.... I've never had a problem with a shop doing this if they don't have something on file. Then just carry it in to Howard's. Done. I think the stores are getting hung up on language/process at this point, there's absolutely no reason Clyde's shouldn't accommodate you at this point.

I don't care how good the deal was, I would have cancelled that crap first and foremost and told both Howard's AND Clyde's to pound sand, they can call your credit card company and waste THEIR time for a change!!!

That sucks. Dealer should just put it in his bound book and sell it to you. THe FFL copies are only for shipping the firearms.... other than that, they don't really keep track of the title 1 except for bound book. Its not like title 2 where it has to get approval from ATF prior.

Your problem sucks as much as mine back in January. You'll get it solved!

From "Clyde's FAQ"...

"Will you accept transfers from other dealers?
Sure! Non-NFA weapons have a $25 transfer fee, and NFA weapons have a $100 transfer fee. Feel free to call or come into the store if you would like to start a transfer."

Now how the **** can you transfer a firearm to them, without having them provide a copy of their FFL to the transferring FFL? Sounds to me like these guys are $h!theads.

Last edited:
Anyways, I just talked to Howards again and they're going to call the ATF on Monday just to confirm that it's OK for them to do this transfer without a copy of Clyde's FFL on file just to cover their end. I see their point, there seems to be some confusion on this and if I were them I'd want to be 100% it was OK before I did it. If they get the OK from the ATF they'll do it so maybe it'll work out and I can pick it up on Monday. If not I'm having them return it and I'm going to just ask for a refund.

So to sum it all up if Howard's gets the clarification from the ATF Monday I'll be good to go, if not it goes back to Clyde and I cancel the order for a refund.

Well, not to "Rain on Your Parade", but I think Howard's may have to WAIT until Tuesday to get any kinda' "Clarification" from the ATF...IIRC, Monday is one of those "Minor" Federal Holidays...Good Luck!....mikey357

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I didn't think about tomorrow being President's day so I guess it will be Tuesday before I can get this resolved.

I feel like what a few others here have said and just cancelling the whole order regardless of it being resolved, just because of the hassle. To me it's just the whole fact that as a paying customer I was caught in the middle of because one company doesn't like sending copies of their FFL out, even though Howard's had to send them their FFL before Clyde's shipped it to them... At this point I'm just about frustrated enough to have Howards send it back to Clyde tomorrow and call my credit card company for a refund and just be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom