Found a Colt LE6920MP in stock at a decent price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everything was cleared up today and I got to bring her home. My LGS called the ATF and confirmed what Clyde's was saying and the ATF agent said they were GTG to do the transfer. The ATF agent did mention that although technically Clyde's didn't have to send their FFL to my dealer that they should have just done it as a courtesy and he couldn't understand why they wouldn't just do it. He pointed out that since all FFL licenses are on file with them my LGS could have easily called the ATF and gotten a copy of Clyde's FFL anyways if they wanted to and none of this would have even been an issue. Since that's the case, I'm not sure why Clyde's is worried about other dealers having a copy of their FFL on file for future transactions.

The way the law reads is that the transferee has to send the FFL copy to the transferer, but not the other way around even though 99.9% of dealers send it whether they're the transferee or transferer.

Anyways, it's all cleared up and I'm sitting here at home happy with my new toy.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom