• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Found a Colt LE6920MP in stock at a decent price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a call to Clyde's should have fixed the problem. Why could they not just fax or email a copy over? Why are they stuck on not sending it? Seems like such an easy solution, why would they want to make life difficult for a customer.

I bought my Ruger SR22 from kygunco and it was scheduled to be delivered on a Saturday. Went to the gun shop to pick it up and it was not there. Apparently they refuse shipments on Saturday. So FedEx had to redeliver it on Monday. I didn't have an opportunity to pick it up till the next Saturday. I was annoyed. Won't do another transfer with them.

I haven't been too happy with my customer service at Clyde's the last few times I went in there. Its just hard to get someone to help you, and then it seems like they have so many new guys coming in and out no one know what they are talking about except for 1 or 2 of them. I know that the owner is very stubborn to put it nicely.

Thinking about this made me think. Use the address off of the box it was shipped in, then use the ATF's easy ffl checker to get the ffl licence number and you are in business. The receiving ffl can then log it into his books with no problems.

They have a whole write up on their website under the FAQ explaining why they do not provide a copy of their FFL. Basically they state it isn't a written requirement by the atf for the shipping dealer to provide a copy of their FFL, only the receiving dealer must provide it. I guess I see their point - kind of like the bill of sale w/personal sales. Isn't required, why do it?

Here is an another idea you could try - call them up again and state you will be doing a transfer through them and the dealer (wherever your Colt is sitting) will be the shipper. They will need to send a copy in order for him to ship - voila, they have their FFL copy.

Good luck!

Hey guys, just another update. Both myself and Howard's have gone back and forth with Clyde's and they absolutely won't send a copy of their FFL down. I spoke to Clyde's to find any other FFL dealers in the area that would be willing to do such a transfer and found none. I'm not sure how they sell so many firearms out of state without sending their FFL if so many dealers I spoke to wont do the transfer without the sender's FFL. I'm very confused by all of this.

Anyways, I just talked to Howards again and they're going to call the ATF on Monday just to confirm that it's OK for them to do this transfer without a copy of Clyde's FFL on file just to cover their end. I see their point, there seems to be some confusion on this and if I were them I'd want to be 100% it was OK before I did it. If they get the OK from the ATF they'll do it so maybe it'll work out and I can pick it up on Monday. If not I'm having them return it and I'm going to just ask for a refund.

I too can't believe that they won't just send them something to make them happy. I mean I've already paid for the gun and shipping and so I feel like I'm just being screwed over and caught in the middle all over something that they could simply fax over and be done with. However, they state that it's their policy to never send it out regardless.

So to sum it all up if Howard's gets the clarification from the ATF Monday I'll be good to go, if not it goes back to Clyde and I cancel the order for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom