• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fountain pens and fine writing instruments

I agree with you to some extent. Nothing like working the bolt of a rifle, or pumping a shotgun, or shifting a manual transmission, but capping and posting is something I can live without. I can appreciate a nice click mechanism as well. Still tactile, and honestly I like the action better than capping. I'm always afraid of scraping the cap on the nib during that process.

I worry more about scraping and scratching the body when I post. But I am getting more about the experience than the materialistic aspects. I'm trying to get more Zen in my approach towards life. Besides, I tend to say so many things in haste that the opportunity to reflect on my next words is a blessing. Maybe I should superglue the caps on and remain mute altogether. LOL

"Better to remain silent and be though a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Fortunately my kids are doing as I say and not as I did.. I went years not contributing to 401k. I was a poor kid, I didn't have anyone guiding me about 401k and the like. Well done.. Max it out for the rest of your working days IMHO ..

I didn't contribute not from poverty but from simple stupidity. If you don't believe me I bet I can get my wife to tell you I am stupid with very little prodding. ;)

Call me a lazy, entitled millenial, but I don't want to still be working when I'm 50. Not even when I'm 40, really. I'm gonna try to get my savings rate up to 50% at the very least. Hopefully higher.

HA! I just hit 52 and I'll be working till they cremate my corpse.

55 and plan on checking out next spring. I want to finish the build on my house first. I figure if I stay a little longer I will be better prepared for the unexpected incremental enhancements along the way.

Call me a lazy, entitled millenial, but I don't want to still be working when I'm 50. Not even when I'm 40, really. I'm gonna try to get my savings rate up to 50% at the very least. Hopefully higher.
My 28 year old saves $1000 per paycheck plus his 401K match. If he keeps this up he will be a wealthy man. With pensions being a thing of the past with most companies this is the only way your generation will be able to comfortably retire.

That is INCREDIBLE! I'd LOVE to have some originals like that. I, personally have ZERO talent...in fact I think my talent level is in the negative zone. LOL. But watching that is so much fun(at fast speed). My AMBITION is just to be able to write presentably. Better than legible but I doubt I'll ever be able to create something others would be envious of. ANd talent like THAT will never be mine I don't believe.

Thanks for the video.
I'm at my folks place this afternoon, and they a few of my drawings hanging around house. These span a fifteen year period from early teens up.

This one was drawn with black ball point
uploadfromtaptalk1469397780361.jpg

These are done with drafting pencils of various lead darkness

uploadfromtaptalk1469397892485.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1469397910345.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1469397927533.jpg

Back
Top Bottom