• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fountain pens and fine writing instruments

Much appreciated. I have one at home that I started work on over ten years ago. I haven't worked on it since I started needing reading glasses. ;)
With a talent like yours, never leave anything unfinished..Dig deep, it is your responsibly to finish what you start. I for one would love to see the end result.

I had a fountain pen when I was like 10 or 11.

Just ordered these...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OPQW2CE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51poqNlJ86L.jpg

For the heck of it I ordered :

i.ebayimg.com_images_g_eo0AAOSw_4BXY2iB_s_l500.jpg

and
i.ebayimg.com_images_g_HvMAAOSwMNxXY2iC_s_l500.jpg

and

i.ebayimg.com_images_g_JB0AAOSw3YNXaKns_s_l500.jpg

and several others from China. All are $2-4 each. I think I got carried away. LOL.

Oh well, they will be my toys so I don't have to use the GOOD ones too much.

My 28 year old saves $1000 per paycheck plus his 401K match. If he keeps this up he will be a wealthy man. With pensions being a thing of the past with most companies this is the only way your generation will be able to comfortably retire.
I'm going all in as much as I can. I plan to max at least one 401k between me and my wife.

In reference to the Chinese pens- I've had a Jinhao x750 and it was by far the worst experience I've had with a pen, my other 4 pens being cheap Pilots. I hope you have better luck than I did. There is little QC on the Chinese pens so you can get good ones or pieces of junk.

I've never tried calligraphy, but I was trained in drafting/design at a time when CAD was still in it's infancy and not in common use. I learned to write in an Architectural lettering style that has stuck with me to this day.The idea was/is that the text on the design drawings should be in a style that looks artistic (a client wants to see their architect as a creative free thinker) but is consistent regardless of which designer makes revisions to a given drawing. As a result I still write in this style (and in all caps) to this day. There are many variations, but this style looks closest to what I was taught:

ProvArchitect.gif

It's a style that works well when created with a quill/calligraphy pen and quality ink. As a plus it's supposed to have a freehand imperfect appearance.

With a talent like yours, never leave anything unfinished..Dig deep, it is your responsibly to finish what you start. I for one would love to see the end result.
Kind of you to say. If I get off this computer in the evening I could spend more time working on it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom