• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Frog Lube is probably coconut oil

I don't know of any of the "big name" Instructors that use FL or FC that aren't getting paid by the companies. Ain't saying it ain't happening, I'm saying I don't know if any.

I'm sure someone here can prove me wrong.

Maybe it's an indication of just how "gucci" the industry as a whole has become.

All this snake oil being pawned off as the next coming of Jesus in a bottle

Maybe it's an indication of just how "gucci" the industry as a whole has become.

All this snake oil being pawned off as the next coming of Jesus in a bottle

Yep. Too much time spent on stuff that ain't important enough for the level of shenanigans that is spent on it.

I have personally spoken to Donna and Jeff Axelson ( Axelson Supply) on several occasions. She never did go into much detail about what happened but there was definitely a falling out between Larry Lasky and the Axelson family.

One thing I will also say. Neither Donna nor Jeff have anything bad to say about the Froglube product. They sold it for years all over the world to include many LE Orginizations by the gallons and 55 gal drums. Even after the fallen out, and before they picked up Seal 1. They still praised the product.

I will use what I have but I won't be buying anymore of it. Not because I don't like the product ( I Do ) but because I don't like what I'm hearing about Larry. When the time comes I'll probably give Seal 1 a try. Something tells me it's compatible.

I have personally spoken to Donna and Jeff Axelson ( Axelson Supply) on several occasions. She never did go into much detail about what happened but there was definitely a falling out between Larry Lasky and the Axelson family.

One thing I will also say. Neither Donna nor Jeff have anything bad to say about the Froglube product. They sold it for years all over the world to include many LE Orginizations by the gallons and 55 gal drums. Even after the fallen out, and before they picked up Seal 1. They still praised the product.

I will use what I have but I won't be buying anymore of it. Not because I don't like the product ( I Do ) but because I don't like what I'm hearing about Larry. When the time comes I'll probably give Seal 1 a try. Something tells me it's compatible.
It's been quite a while, but this isn't the first time that I've heard that FL and Seal1 were one in the same. I know one former distributor that has dealt closely with the Axelsons and he no longer uses or deals with FL at all. I've never pried or asked why, but it stands to reason that this may be why.

I don't know of any of the "big name" Instructors that use FL or FC that aren't getting paid by the companies. Ain't saying it ain't happening, I'm saying I don't know if any.

I'm sure someone here can prove me wrong.
No doubt about it. Same goes for breakthrough, Lucas, Rand, etc. I've been using FC for over a year. Not because of any big name endorsements, but because a buddy sent some to me for free. He has no connection to FC either. I decided to give it a whirl. I've actually been surprised at how well it has worked, especially with dirty, suppressed guns. It really doesn't evaporate off like traditional lubes. It does have some capillary action, but not too much. So it spreads into the places you want it to, like into the trigger pins, but not so much that it just disappears. In other words, it does a decent job of staying where you put it. For example, the carrier and receiver can be caked in residue, but the bearing surfaces of the carrier are still wet with a thin layer of FC.

I can't say that I fully trust it, mostly because of my previous experience with these wonderlubes. So it still feels like I'm in experimental mode. But it's worked very well for over a year.

An observation... have you seen the "Miracle Polishing Cloths" sold on this site? Well, they do work amazingly well for polishing revolver cylinders.

Active ingredient? Coconut oil.

When it was cold and frog Lube gave me a failure to fire (click instead of bang) I cleaned all my guns with degreaser in the ultrasonic, started using motor oil (because that's what I had) and never looked back.

Now I use 100% synthetic royal purple and it is awesome.

I use it on my knives, guns, everything. I got some little 2 and 3 oz squeeze bottles with flip top applicators from REI. And they have been great!

Hell I even taught the Cub Scout den how to sharpen knives, shared my oil with 15 kids that use WAYYYYYY to much and I still haven't gone through my first quart. I think i got it about 2 years ago.

I
When it was cold and frog Lube gave me a failure to fire (click instead of bang) I cleaned all my guns with degreaser in the ultrasonic, started using motor oil (because that's what I had) and never looked back.

Now I use 100% synthetic royal purple and it is awesome.

I use it on my knives, guns, everything. I got some little 2 and 3 oz squeeze bottles with flip top applicators from REI. And they have been great!

Hell I even taught the Cub Scout den how to sharpen knives, shared my oil with 15 kids that use WAYYYYYY to much and I still haven't gone through my first quart. I think i got it about 2 years ago.
"Frog Lube....gave you a failure....? Please share with us how Frog Lube can give us a failure....please........!

Back
Top Bottom