• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FRT's are now Machineguns

let's be honest. Forced reset triggers always were machine guns. When they first came out and they explained what they did, how they worked, and why they weren't machine guns, my response was, "you have just described a machine gun."

The actual M16 fire control group is technically a forced reset trigger. The only reason it took the ATF this long to move on them is the generally slow pace at which the federal government moves on anything.

Hate to say it, but saw this one coming.

Thanks to the technical definition of a machinegun, using wording that the NRA asked for as a substitute for the original wording that Congressmen (one who were woefully ignorant of how the mechanics of a gun worked) had proposed in the N.F.A. of 1934, a Forced Reset Trigger isn't a machinegun. Because it takes two functions to make it shoot twice in a row, and the shooter's finger has to both release and re-engage the trigger to accomplish this.

But I agree that from the OPERATOR'S PERSPECTIVE, it both "feels like" and "sprays bullets like" a machinegun!

A bump stock does the same thing. You can make it feel like full auto, and you can dump a mag with the same practical rate of fire as if it were full auto, so from YOUR PERSPECTIVE AS A HUMAN BEING it's a machinegun.

But the National Firearms Act doesn't define full auto function based on a human's feelings, or the overall rate of fire of a weapon's system. It is based on the mechanics of triggers, sears, and other fire control parts.

If CONGRESS itself wanted to amend the NFA with new legislation that changes the definition of machinegun, or even adds a new category of NFA-restricted devices that they might call "Rapid Fire Weapon / Accessory" (RFW / RFWA), this would be the right way for the feds to do this, from an Administrative law and Separation-of-Powers aspect. Don't let BATF just change the law on their own with a rule change coming from bureaucrats sitting at a desk.

(That's setting aside the issue of the 2nd Amendment covering machineguns due to their value as homeland defense weapons.)

PS: I don't want Congress to pass any new laws, but I'm saying that would be the better way to accomplish the goal if that's what our political leaders want.

Personally, I love rate-of-fire enhancing products.
Bump stocks are great, or WERE great when I could get Wolf ammo for 18 cents per round.

I still have my BMF Activator, a trigger-crank that dates back to the 1970s, I think, and works well with a 10/22 rifle when said rifle has a bipod and a 25 round mag in place. I'd say it lets you shoot about 500 rounds per minute. The same as a model 1918 BAR.

1648646447266.png

1648646487214.png

I saw some sort of documentary recently showing an individual who sold the Glock giggle switches in bulk... like thousands of them

I also saw a bunch of video clips of males who all showed off these giggle switches on their Glocks from all over the nation. Not just one but hundreds of them...

I saw some sort of documentary recently showing an individual who sold the Glock giggle switches in bulk... like thousands of them

I also saw a bunch of video clips of males who all showed off these giggle switches on their Glocks from all over the nation. Not just one but hundreds of them...
Down her dey called "the switch."

Back
Top Bottom