• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fudd gun eye candy

Of course if my Walter Mitty fantasies were fully developed as writer James Thurber intended for that character,
then I wouldn't rely on the deadliness of the weapon to such an extent.

QUOTE:
"With any known make of gun,” he said evenly, “I could have killed Gregory Fitzhurst at three hundred feet with my left hand.” Pandemonium broke loose in the courtroom. A woman's scream rose above the bedlam and suddenly a lovely, dark-haired girl was in Walter Mitty's arms."

Even a FUDD GUN will serve well in the hands of a true expert.
65A61C2C-DDAD-4656-9F4B-AB4991340A33.jpeg

Of course if my Walter Mitty fantasies were fully developed as writer James Thurber intended for that character,
then I wouldn't rely on the deadliness of the weapon to such an extent.

QUOTE:
"With any known make of gun,” he said evenly, “I could have killed Gregory Fitzhurst at three hundred feet with my left hand.” Pandemonium broke loose in the courtroom. A woman's scream rose above the bedlam and suddenly a lovely, dark-haired girl was in Walter Mitty's arms."

Even a FUDD GUN will serve well in the hands of a true expert.
View attachment 5483047
Imagine drinking with Hemmingway after a leopard hunt

I just refinished my buddy’s Remington 581 and the stain turned out similar to yours. Dark around the grip, light line, then dark again. Why does that happen? Is it grain pattern changing?
I reshaped that stock quite a bit in the grip, tip, and shoulder area. It was the original birch 2x4 club with the hook nose stock. I got against the grain pretty heavy in those areas. Slimmed the entire stock down to a nice youth stock in a classic sporter shape. The stain does that in those areas.

Back
Top Bottom