• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fulton County Concealed Carry Permit Renewal Help

Thanks PoliceInterceptor and Russell0331,

What were your experiences going from one location to the other?

How much did each location cost and do they only take money orders like downtown or could they take Debit/Credit/Cash?

How long was the wait?

Is there free parking as I had to pay for parking downtown.

Just to confirm, these are the addresses of mentioned locations:?

Fulton County North Annex Service Center
Government Building, Courthouse, and Office
7741 Roswell Rd, Atlanta, GA 30350

Sandy Springs Police Department
7840 Roswell Rd #301
Sandy Springs, GA 30328

Much appreciation to everyone's info!

This. I am almost positive you will still have to go downtown to pick up your license though even with the SASE.

Wrong.

Do what the poster said above. Go to the probate court in sandy springs. It's the 2nd floor (main level) at the far end of one of the halls. Information center can give you the room number. They will do your picture and everything there.

Just went last Friday to apply for mine. They took my SASE there and had me sign a form authorizing them to mail me my license. Then went to sandy springs PD and did my finger printing. $30 at probate court and $50 at sandy springs, cash at both. Might be a little different if you're just renewing, mine was first time application.

Overall process was close to an hour and a half. Most of the time spent waiting was at the probate court.

They told me less than 60 days and SSPD told me 8 weeks. But I can't imagine it being more than 4-5 weeks. My friend just got hers in the mail last week and it was 30 days on the dot for Fulton.

uhhhh took them 2 months

but its easy enough. i gotta renew mine and its at the probate court and government building complex downtown at trinity avenue

i hate marta but would suggest taking it and parking far away

Thanks PoliceInterceptor and Russell0331,

What were your experiences going from one location to the other?

How much did each location cost and do they only take money orders like downtown or could they take Debit/Credit/Cash?

How long was the wait?

Is there free parking as I had to pay for parking downtown.

Just to confirm, these are the addresses of mentioned locations:?

Fulton County North Annex Service Center
Government Building, Courthouse, and Office
7741 Roswell Rd, Atlanta, GA 30350

Sandy Springs Police Department
7840 Roswell Rd #301
Sandy Springs, GA 30328

Much appreciation to everyone's info!

when i went back about 4 or 5 years ago i went downtown to trinity avenue to the probate court

from there i went to fulton county sheriffs office to be fingerprinted (in the same building but different suite)

call the probate court or look it up online at packing.org

To answer another one of your questions, yes parking was free at SSPD and the Probate Court. Both are within a mile or two of eachother on the same road.

Probate court will probably be your longer wait. They had one lady in there working by herself. I got there and had about 6-7 people in front of me. You might do better getting there when they open which I believe the sign on the door said 8:30am.

Wrong.

Do what the poster said above. Go to the probate court in sandy springs. It's the 2nd floor (main level) at the far end of one of the halls. Information center can give you the room number. They will do your picture and everything there.

Just went last Friday to apply for mine. They took my SASE there and had me sign a form authorizing them to mail me my license. Then went to sandy springs PD and did my finger printing. $30 at probate court and $50 at sandy springs, cash at both. Might be a little different if you're just renewing, mine was first time application.

Overall process was close to an hour and a half. Most of the time spent waiting was at the probate court.

They told me less than 60 days and SSPD told me 8 weeks. But I can't imagine it being more than 4-5 weeks. My friend just got hers in the mail last week and it was 30 days on the dot for Fulton.

Signing to have them mail it to you must be a new thing. The SASE when I applied for mine was sent to me simply notifying me it was ready for pickup.....downtown....

When i got my license for the first time downtown, i did read on georgiapacking that you can refuse to give your Social but many have experienced clerks giving attitudes and/or threats it would delay licensing.

Can you still avoid giving out your social or has anyone had any experiences NOT providing a social at the Fulton Co North Annex or Sandy Springs PD?

There are no renewals. You have to apply every time as if it is your first. If you have a current GWL, you can ask for a 90 day extension for $1 while you wait for your new one to arrive. All GWL's are issued by Probate Courts in GA. SASE is used to mail your new license to you in most counties now. If you have not applied or "renewed" within the last year or so, your information is not going to be accurate since the laws have changed in the last 5 years. GA does not issue a Concealed Carry Permit, it issues a weapons license because you can not carry open or concealed without a license. I know a lot of people just say it doesn't matter what you call it, but it does matter since calling it something other than what it is causes a lot of misinformation.

Back
Top Bottom