• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fulton County Concealed Carry Permit Renewal Help

Signing to have them mail it to you must be a new thing. The SASE when I applied for mine was sent to me simply notifying me it was ready for pickup.....downtown....

Yeah I think I have heard about that before. It must be a new procedure then. I believe you have the option to pick it up or have it mailed to you.

You guys sending him to Sandy Springs?! Anything to avoid downtown...

Where ever you go, make sure you have a money order for the exact amount. Will save you a lot of time.

If possible, go early. They do have cut off times for fingerprinting.

There are no renewals. You have to apply every time as if it is your first. If you have a current GWL, you can ask for a 90 day extension for $1 while you wait for your new one to arrive. All GWL's are issued by Probate Courts in GA. SASE is used to mail your new license to you in most counties now. If you have not applied or "renewed" within the last year or so, your information is not going to be accurate since the laws have changed in the last 5 years. GA does not issue a Concealed Carry Permit, it issues a weapons license because you can not carry open or concealed without a license. I know a lot of people just say it doesn't matter what you call it, but it does matter since calling it something other than what it is causes a lot of misinformation.

Good to hear about the $1 extension which i will use b/c who knows how long it will take to get the new one.

Does anyone know if you HAVE to provide a social security as I was able to refuse when I went downtown though the clerk threatened it would take a longer process. I've got nothing to hide but why give more info if not necessary right?

Went in today to the Fulton Co North Annex...

Fulton County North Annex Service Center
Government Building, Courthouse, and Office
7741 Roswell Rd, Atlanta, GA 30350

Got there about 8:25am, about 12 people waiting but most of them were actually waiting for marriage licenses. Doors opened at 8:30am and i was 3rd in line unfortunately b/c the 2 ppl ahead of me had some issues with whatever they were doing. 1st person took about 20 mins to deal with but the 2nd person took maybe 45mins but the main issue was that when he applied, the temp person filling in for the day DID NOT fill out his info in some data base and he had been waiting for 60days!!! So he had to wait for the clerk to figure out what had gone wrong and in the end, he had to pay $6 for them to print out another license which will take about 3 weeks to do!

When it was finally my turn, 5 mins tops! Gave'em my DL, $30, SASE, took my glamour shot, was given my document to give to Sandy Springs PD and was on the way to get my prints done.

Sandy Springs Police Department
7840 Roswell Rd #301
Sandy Springs, GA 30328

Got here about 10am, no line at all, gave the lady my document from the Probate Court, the cost for printing was $50 but they accepted Cash, Debit, or Credit. Not even 5 mins, I was in and out. There's a line for SS# but i didn't put it in as I did not before and I'm a big believer on giving as little information as possible b/c organizations can sometimes misplace your information or even have it stolen and sold.

All in all, i think the whole process could of took me 10mins. Everyone was nice.

Hopefully I'll see something in the mail in 30 days+-

Went in today to the Fulton Co North Annex...

Fulton County North Annex Service Center
Government Building, Courthouse, and Office
7741 Roswell Rd, Atlanta, GA 30350

Got there about 8:25am, about 12 people waiting but most of them were actually waiting for marriage licenses. Doors opened at 8:30am and i was 3rd in line unfortunately b/c the 2 ppl ahead of me had some issues with whatever they were doing. 1st person took about 20 mins to deal with but the 2nd person took maybe 45mins but the main issue was that when he applied, the temp person filling in for the day DID NOT fill out his info in some data base and he had been waiting for 60days!!! So he had to wait for the clerk to figure out what had gone wrong and in the end, he had to pay $6 for them to print out another license which will take about 3 weeks to do!

When it was finally my turn, 5 mins tops! Gave'em my DL, $30, SASE, took my glamour shot, was given my document to give to Sandy Springs PD and was on the way to get my prints done.

Sandy Springs Police Department
7840 Roswell Rd #301
Sandy Springs, GA 30328

Got here about 10am, no line at all, gave the lady my document from the Probate Court, the cost for printing was $50 but they accepted Cash, Debit, or Credit. Not even 5 mins, I was in and out. There's a line for SS# but i didn't put it in as I did not before and I'm a big believer on giving as little information as possible b/c organizations can sometimes misplace your information or even have it stolen and sold.

All in all, i think the whole process could of took me 10mins. Everyone was nice.

Hopefully I'll see something in the mail in 30 days+-
good deal

i gotta get mine renewed soon. doesnt expire till the end of july

good deal

i gotta get mine renewed soon. doesnt expire till the end of july

Be sure to do it soon as the clerk said there was no temporary license as others of said (not to say it doesn't exist but the option was not available at this location or maybe clerk didn't know about it) so that you are not without license for a period of time like I am...

Be sure to do it soon as the clerk said there was no temporary license as others of said (not to say it doesn't exist but the option was not available at this location or maybe clerk didn't know about it) so that you are not without license for a period of time like I am...

good point. they said it takes about 3 weeks? have you gotten yours yet? mine took 2 months the first time i applied back in 2010

I'd wait until after July 1st. HB60 did away with having to get fingerprinted again upon renewal of your GWCL. No more paying $50.00 for fingerprints.

Back
Top Bottom