• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA Conceal & Carry License

plick75

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
2   0
Reaction score
I am planning on going and getting my GA Conceal & Carry License here in the next week or so but I have a location question. My buddies have gone to the Decatur Court House to get their license, and it has taken between 3-4 months for them to go through the whole process (paper work, prints, and receive license in mail). My dad (lives in small town in south GA) went and got his about a week ago, and was able to go through the admin portion (paper work & prints) same day, and they told him he should have his license within a week or so.

My question is, can I go and get my license in a small town in GA so that the process is expedited? A week versus 3-4 months seems like a no brainer, and since this is a state license and not a count license (assuming this is correct) I should be able to apply anywhere in GA as long as I provide my correct address and such.

Let me know if this is possible.

You have to go to the Probate Court in your county of residence. Same place to get marriage licenses, etc. Fulton County is down to about 3 weeks. Just got mine. :)

Back
Top Bottom