• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga High School State Baseball Championship's

Im gonna brag for a minute here :)

My sons High School team is heading to south Ga. for a best 2 out of 3 in the first round of the play offs.

My boy is the starting catcher and lead off hitter for the varsity team. As a Sophomore he is hitting over .500 for the season with a .746 on base percentage and has 18 stolen bases . As a catcher he has had ZERO passed balls in 24 games ( this is remarkable ), and has thrown out 12 runners in 16 stolen base attempts.

I am so excited for him to be in the state playoffs (and me, LOL), He is a great kid, an excellent student, National Beta club, Student council, Principals advisory committee, He volunteers in the community with several organizations and is a good looking kid just like me ;)

Im very proud of the young man he has grown into, His coaches , and I , have no doubts he will be playing D1 baseball some where if he stays on the track he is on. He is interested in Vanderbilt, Clemson, and Ole Miss.

He and I have worked our tails off for 10 years to get him here, countless hours hitting, throwing, ground balls, hitting lessons, catching instruction, push ups, sit ups, sprints and on and on. Then the games, 60 to 100 travel ball games a year.

It makes me so happy to see him realizing his/our dream. Win loose or draw, I want him to really enjoy the moment!

Just an excited dad

As an update to this conversation,

High School Season,
Starting Varsity Catcher,1st team all county, 1st team all region, led the county and region in hitting, Teams offensive MVP.

Perfect Game, ( The worlds top Baseball Rankings Company )
Ranked the #3 catcher in the state, and the #26 catcher in the nation
As a player ranked the #26 overall player in the state and # 207 overall player in the nation. With an overall grade of "9" out of 10. He was also named to the Rawlings Top 50 Prospect list as well as the Perfect Game Southeast Underclassman's Showcase Top Prospect Team.

Right now as a junior, he has 14 D1 Baseball Programs recruiting him, and several D2/D3 schools. We have had "un official" visits to 7 of those schools,2 different visits to 3 of those.

As of last night as a Junior, he has verbally committed to Georgia Southern University a great D1 baseball program and school.

So Proud!

Back
Top Bottom