Reaction score
anyone else sick of this shakedown? i recently purchased a little civic
not running for about what i had to pay to have the title transferred
in my name. jawgee values it above what it sells for on the open
market and way above NADA and KBB.

my question to you is : have you appealed your auto tax? and if so,
was it worth it to you?

thanks.

We gave appealed it before so I can't say how it would go. We had an 02 Jetta VR6 about the time they changed the law. We got it from a bank where it was a voluntary repo. It had to have major motor work of course. So then even though it was an inop $500.00 turd when we got it the tag office still expected 7% of top dollar NADA Clean Retail. It ain't right but its the law. And I'm sure it was lobbied hard by car dealers to get it passed into law. If you buy a car from a lot then the tax is paid up front and you don't get the big surprise at the tag office. It was intended to put individual car sell3rs out of business.

We gave appealed it before so I can't say how it would go. We had an 02 Jetta VR6 about the time they changed the law. We got it from a bank where it was a voluntary repo. It had to have major motor work of course. So then even though it was an inop $500.00 turd when we got it the tag office still expected 7% of top dollar NADA Clean Retail. It ain't right but its the law. And I'm sure it was lobbied hard by car dealers to get it passed into law. If you buy a car from a lot then the tax is paid up front and you don't get the big surprise at the tag office. It was intended to put individual car sell3rs out of business.
Agreed, but it was also put in place to stop private party sales.... Private party sales had zero tax and the state hates not having their hand in our pocket. It really is horse **** and only benefits a few....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom