• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga new title tax law hurts so good...

Private sale numbers won't be affected and the legislators know that. There will always be people that can't afford or are unwilling to pay the ridiculous prices of new vehicles. Our dear old Republican friends in Atlanta just saw it as an opportunity to take more wool from the sheep.

Just remember the DEMOCRATS, also helped this along also...

Just remember the DEMOCRATS, also helped this along also...

How?

The tax (or some version of it) has been proposed every year for at least 30 years, it never passed with a Democratic governor, and a Democratic legislature. So what you're saying is that a Republican governor and Republican legislature couldn't pass it without the Dems?

Kind of like the gas tax, and the hotel tax in Cobb county to pay for the stadium, I guess. It's all the Dems fault. I like to blame the Dems for everything I can, and there a lot to blame them for. But this "sales tax" belongs to Republicans -- and it's funny how none of them will own up to it. I'm always proud to claim any thing I make.

I don't mind the new way either. Worked out great for me when I purchased a used Jeep from South Carolina. I thought I would have to pay Tax on what I paid for the jeep because I paid NO Tax on it in SC when I purchased it from a Ford Dealer.

My tax was a few hundred less than I had expected because of the Tax Value or Estimated Georgia Value of the vehicle. And I don't have to pay anything upon renewal each year. That's right $0

No, I don't mind the new law either and it does work out to be less over time.

AND, its only going to get worse as they ramp up the local fees and taxes to make up for falling income tax revenues and federal funds. Their intention is to put in place as many nickle and dime charges as possible, a few at a time so the public doesn't balk (like they do when they overreach like the (Atlanta)highway bill) , and then slowly crank up the screws slowly enough that most people don't notice/get used to it.

resources2.news.com.au_images_2014_08_28_1227040_063342_83a9bd30_2e62_11e4_945f_45adf8ee0b47.jpg

That's the Republicans you are talking about They are in favor of less taxes and smaller government, just ask them.

Back
Top Bottom