• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga new title tax law hurts so good...

It is almost criminal. Helped my daughter buy a car a few years ago. Once it was paid off I was going to transfer to her - they wanted the damn VAT tax again!!!

I'm sure glad the Republicans run this state.....

Amen!!!

This car tax is worse than a sales tax, because every time the car is sold, the buyer has to pay the tax in full again. It's not the tax itself, but the repetitive nature of it that grinds my shorts.

Maybe some day, someone will make a list of all the tax increases the "small government, no new taxes" Republicans have enacted. They have assessed taxes the Democrats never even thought about.

But yes, you can appeal it. Lot's depends on your local tax commissioner and how much effort they want to put into it.

Maybe some day, someone will make a list of all the tax increases the "small government, no new taxes" Republicans have enacted. They have assessed taxes the Democrats never even thought about.

That is because democrats like to make promises republicans have to keep and pay for...

Question... If you buy a car here and want to title in another state. Do GA dealers collect the tax here or do they let you pay when you get to the other state? They used to not collect the tax here. Which I always thought was stupid.

The state that issues the title will see that the sales tax is paid.

That is because democrats like to make promises republicans have to keep and pay for...

Really, like the new gas tax and the hotel tax I've been paying to the last year so Cobb County can build the Braves a new stadium. Cobb County is just slap eat up with Democrats, so I can see how that would happen.

Yep, car dealers raised cane, claiming private sales was hurting their business, and was unfair, so now we are all treated like
you are purchasing a brand new car/truck...

Wonder if you lease if you are also charged those fees???

Because the law was written by legislators, the law is screwed up. When you lease as opposed to the past when you paid tax each month on your payment (roughly 50% or less of the selling price) now you pay the 7% tax on the entire purchase price divided by the term of the lease. So that fine print at the bottom of those Mercedes ads you see on TV now costs you an additional few thousand dollars. I heard when it first passed, the high-line guys didn't lease a single car in Atlanta and raised hell that Monday. So far three years in it has fallen on deaf ears.

for you that drive them til the wheels fall off, check registration yearly to see if tax man is depreciating your vehicle over time. I have caught many years they did not and had them correct it. You could at least work on the older stock!

I saw a "media" report the other day of an elderly lady in North Carolina whose 1989 Camry was now a "classic. The state" valued it at 5 grand and her vehicle taxes quadrupled.
That just aint right.

Back
Top Bottom